Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onsentamago

Pore removing patches for the nose

Does anyone else use the pore removing patches for the nose, and sometimes other areas on the face? It unclogs pores, and feels kinda good. But it would be nice to know about its effects in the bigger scheme of things.

If anyone has used/is currently using these products, it would be great to hear some comments be it positive or negative in the battle against acne.

Guest lawnboy

i've used them, but never really noticed any differences. it may have reduced the oil on my face by a little bit, but nothing to get excited about. all in all they never really did anything while i was using them.

Thanks for your comments guys. skin getting ripped off...never had that, but sounds nasty. I find after a while the pores on my nose starts to look really bad - not quite like but kinda similar to an upside down strawberry. Using the pore seems to alleviate this, and makes my nose area feel lighter. Having said that I don't get alot of pimples/acne on my nose area despite there being definite pores getting clogged. small invisible pores = pimple, and big clogged pores = no pimple?

I've used those patches before once. For me, they didn't remove ANY of my blackheads from my nose. I don't know if I didn't leave the patch on long enough, or if my blackheads were just there for too long that they hardened up big time (beautiful mental image, I know... haha)... but yeah, I didn't see anything left over on the patch after I ripped it off.

*shrug*

While these patches may remove some blackheads, they will still come back.

The best solution for blackheads is a mandelic acid or salicylic acid leave-on product. The best mandelic serum I know of is made by Vivant and sold by www.dianayvonne.com and www.betterhealthyskin.com; the best salicylic is definitely Paula's Choice, sold by www.cosmeticscop.com and www.getthatglow.com

they take out some whiteheads, but never any blackheads for me. When I look closely at the pore strip after I use it I usually see little white bumps left over....and the blackheads are still stuck in my nose.

I have what my mother calls a "strawberry nose" so I have a problem with blackheads. Nothing to do but cover them up with makeup

I'm using Biore nose patches from time to time.

I do feel better once it's removed. :dance:

But it's true, squeezing gets a lot more out. But, I presume that it's not a good thing to do :naughty:

Neo

i would advise against them, use something like retin a to keep your pores clear, you can use a comedone extractor too.

Those strips are crap

I have used them many times hoping I did something wrong

they did not remove any of the blackheads on my nose

Actually, I just found them in the draw last week, totally forgot I even bought them, and then I put one on to see if anything comes out. surprisingly, a massive blackhead was taken out somehow, doesn't happen before. That one was stubborn to take out before, so I tried a patch, and it took it out. I also think it helps draw out some impurities, but definitely not heaps.