Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what is accutane?

Recommended Posts

is it a pill u take or something?

and i know this sounds dumb but i heard theres a shot u cna get in ur face? wtf? sounds wierd

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are injections that you can get in your face. It is usually for cystic acne that takes forever to go away. This is a cortizone injection that they do. Sounds like it would hurt... Ive never done it before but my cousin has and it works pretty good in shrinking them.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also something derms do (or at least they used to do 12 yrs ago) called comedo extraction. It's basically a fancy way of saying they pop your zits. They use a special instrument and it really helps minimize scarring especially if you have deep nodular/cystic acne. I never had the injections so I can't offer an opinion on that.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes