Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
it'salright

hydrogen peroxide 3% or aspirin

hi, has anyone here tried using aspirin mask or using 3% hydrogen peroxide? or a combination of both?

im just starting to try it, and was wondering if it actually helps or does damage to the skin.

hi, has anyone here tried using aspirin mask or using 3% hydrogen peroxide? or a combination of both?

im just starting to try it, and was wondering if it actually helps or does damage to the skin.

Is that hydrogen peroxide right out of the bottle? I don't think regular use of HP is very good for your skin. There are, however, some stabilized HP creams that are safe and effective (I think clearasil makes one, and so does PanOxyl and Philosophy). I don't really have a yea or nay on the aspirin though. I thought it was ok as a spot treat, never tried using it as a mask.

I don't think regular use of HP is very good for your skin.

On my hydrogen peroxide bottle it says it makes a good toner. I don't really see it being bad for the skin. I was gonna try it as a toner but always forget.

Is that hydrogen peroxide right out of the bottle? I don't think regular use of HP is very good for your skin. There are, however, some stabilized HP creams that are safe and effective (I think clearasil makes one, and so does PanOxyl and Philosophy). I don't really have a yea or nay on the aspirin though. I thought it was ok as a spot treat, never tried using it as a mask.

oh man, i think ill try the stabilized hp creams, the bottled one smells pretty bad and kind of stings.

thanks

oh man, i think ill try the stabilized hp creams, the bottled one smells pretty bad and kind of stings.

thanks

HP in the dark plastic bottle has no smell at all! ..or at least it shouldn't..did you use the creamy stuff that comes with a haircolor kit? ..or those little blue crystals??? ..THAT stuff smells BAD.. please say you didn't use the last 2..

thanks

HP in the dark plastic bottle has no smell at all! ..or at least it shouldn't..did you use the creamy stuff that comes with a haircolor kit? ..or those little blue crystals??? ..THAT stuff smells BAD.. please say you didn't use the last 2..

hey, i didnt use the last 2 you mentioned, i mixed the hp (dark bottled one) with aspirin, maybe that is why it smelled bad. at the end, it worked alright, i had small pimples that were just not going away. after a few uses they subsided, but left my face quite red. i dont know if ill try it again.

thanks

hey, i didnt use the last 2 you mentioned, i mixed the hp (dark bottled one) with aspirin, maybe that is why it smelled bad. at the end, it worked alright, i had small pimples that were just not going away. after a few uses they subsided, but left my face quite red. i dont know if ill try it again.

I think it may work initially, but regular long-term use would probably not be so good for your skin. Plus, plain HP isn't formulated to penetrate the pores, so its probably going to be a lot less effective at killing acne bacteria. I still say go with the stabilized cream. Besides the ones I mentioned, my esthetician's line has a good HP cream (she runs an acne clinic - so all her products are safe for acne-prone skin). If you are interested, her contact info is on her website: facerealityskincare.com