Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hige

How many times?

Hey everyone, I just created this account to have a question asked that I couldnt find answer anywhere around here.

I never had problems with acne in my life. Not a single one in my teens. Then out of nowhere they start coming when I'm 19. Needless to say I felt really bad like most users here. I would look at my girlfriend and feel embarressed of the fact that she was dating me. I went thru hard times like everyone here. I never felt sad though. I felt angry about everything. Lets just say it didnt come in a good time in my life.

I discovered the website about a year ago. But like everything on the internet, I didn't really believe or took it seriously. Until after a few months I decided "what the hell". I started the regimen. But not the right way. I would skip steps, byt the wrong products, wash my face with common soap. The only right thing I had was the Bentozoyl Peroxide, which I could only find 5%, but since i read here that that's fine I didnt mind. Needless to say my skin would clear up just a little bit, and then breakouts would come again.

So I decide to get a little bit more serious. And my skin really started showing some improvement. But again i would skip a few steps or wouldnt apply softly enough. And breakouts woudl come again. I started thinking that the regimen wasnt really for me. But I kept doing in it. Because even though it was clearing up completely and staying like that, it was stopping the really bad breakouts.

Then comes the news that I had to move from my city. I was crushed. I'm from Brazil and have been moving my entire life since my dad's job requires him to do so. I've moved from cities 3 times in Brazil alone. The forth was to come to Canada. Where I currently live.

I was leaving everyone behind. Again. My friends, my job and my girlfriend which I loved very much.

Here in Calgary, I decided: "I'm gonna follow this thing now by the letter"

Watch the videos once again, and found out all my flaws. Like not applying softly enough (and boy applying like that makes a difference). Doing in it 3 times a day and not forgeting any step.

And boom. My skin is clear! I don't see a single pimple. The only thing left are the blemishes from previous pimples, or the ones I picked at. And they're all fading away so fast! I figure in 2 months no one will be able to tell I ever had problems with acne. And I'm so much secure to go out and look myself in the mirror again. It's amazing how something like that can change you're mood and you're day

Now my question. (Sorry about the long introduction before =D)

I was doing 3 times a day, but that is kinda taking its toll on my wallet. So my question is... Is it okay to switch to twice a day? One in the morning and one at night? Because after the stage of the regimen where you have to apply a fair amount of BP, two bottles of 85ml, only last for about 10 days when you're applying 3 times a day.

Also. After the 10 days my skin starts to peel away. Not knowing what to do, and figuring that that's the effect of following the regimen on a daily basis. I stop for a while letting my skin rest, and only mosturize until is all back to normal and I can start the regimen again. Is that the best way to deal with it?

Thanks for everything guys. I hope you can clear that out for me.

Oh one more thing. It really made me happy to know that yous guys support eachother. Checking out pics and telling how everyone here is still beautiful no matter what. And I can tell it really means it. Not just a fals statement to make them feel better. Giving eachother support thru out this rough time which most of the people in the world has to go thru.

Keep it up!

Three times a day is too much! Definitely switch down to twice a day, I think you'll save some money, be gentler on your skin, and still maintain a clear complexion.

Flaking/peeling is very normal. I think people should stop if it's really troubling or physically painful, but if your peeling isn't too bad and is limited to certain areas lilke around your mouth or eyebrows, then I'd say keep doing what you're doing and just hit those peeling areas with some extra moisturizer. Peeling/flaking reduces the longer you've been on the regimen, but you need to eventually get used to the full amount of BP, and some flaking is definitely to be expected while you're doing that. If I had stopped every time during the first month that I had some peeling, I probably never would have worked my way up to the full amount and wouldn't have cleared up as well as I have. I guess what I'm saying is that if your peeling is not too bad, it's probably better to suck it up and stick with the regimen rather than stop for a few days and backpedal.

Three times a day is too much! Definitely switch down to twice a day, I think you'll save some money, be gentler on your skin, and still maintain a clear complexion.

Flaking/peeling is very normal. I think people should stop if it's really troubling or physically painful, but if your peeling isn't too bad and is limited to certain areas lilke around your mouth or eyebrows, then I'd say keep doing what you're doing and just hit those peeling areas with some extra moisturizer. Peeling/flaking reduces the longer you've been on the regimen, but you need to eventually get used to the full amount of BP, and some flaking is definitely to be expected while you're doing that. If I had stopped every time during the first month that I had some peeling, I probably never would have worked my way up to the full amount and wouldn't have cleared up as well as I have. I guess what I'm saying is that if your peeling is not too bad, it's probably better to suck it up and stick with the regimen rather than stop for a few days and backpedal.

Yeah, I've been noticing that to. Im already at the full amount of the regimen hence my problem with 3 times a day and the money for it. But now im gonna feel more comfortable knowing that I'm not messing up just doing twice a day. Thanks a lot guys.

did you say that TWO of his BP tubes only lasts you ten days? Even with three times a day thats insane. 2 times a day should make ONE tube last atleast about 15 days...

Are you sure you arent using TOOO much?

and Yes, only use it twice per day. And use a GOOD moisturizer to help with the flakiness. (Ask someone here what to use.. i personally dont use any)