Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shizzle

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask

Ive just recently started the Regimen, using Cetaphil Cleanser, Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (BP: 3.5%), and Cetaphil Moisturizer. When I picked up the Neutrogena, I was just looking for something with low BP, and it came in a big tube, I didnt really pay attention to the application directions for it. The product is not meant to be left on for more than 5 minutes, a few times a week. Other than that it is supposed to be used as a cleanser is used. My question is, has anyone had success using it as a mask and leaving it on for 5-15 and washing it off? Or should I just forget the hassle and get a new form of BP, such as DK's?

ive had mixed results with that. before i started dkr, i used that with pretty good results. using as a cleanser that is. then for some reason i stopped using it. then a few months ago i tried using it again with no good results. so u might wanna try it, but just be wary.

Ive just recently started the Regimen, using Cetaphil Cleanser, Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (BP: 3.5%), and Cetaphil Moisturizer. When I picked up the Neutrogena, I was just looking for something with low BP, and it came in a big tube, I didnt really pay attention to the application directions for it. The product is not meant to be left on for more than 5 minutes, a few times a week. Other than that it is supposed to be used as a cleanser is used. My question is, has anyone had success using it as a mask and leaving it on for 5-15 and washing it off? Or should I just forget the hassle and get a new form of BP, such as DK's?

I mean, you could try it out, but I think the fact that you don't leave it on your skin all day means it's for sure going to be less effective than a BP gel or lotion. I've found BP in wash form to be ineffective at preventing any acne, and I think when used as a mask it would be only slightly more effective. You could return the product and pick up Neutrogena On-the-Spot instead, though, which is a 2.5% leave-on BP cream and is fine to use for the regimen.

Thanks for the help, I'm going to go ahead and return the Cleanser/Mask and get the On The Spot to use until I can get some of DK's