Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skin Deadness

After one year, I have found something that works good with me.

What I think has played a huge factor in my acne:

Fat, sugar. Fatty foods probably played a huge part in my acne. Now I either get low fat foods or no fat.

What I have done to help my complexion:

Warm lemon water in the morning

Keeping myself busy with school and work

Working out 4 days a week

Protein

Liquid Chlorophyll

Just relaxing the mind and not worrying about things. Do not keep acne on your mind 24/7, otherwise you're going to be in hell for awhile.

It was about a year ago when I found this board. I believe from late January to May I went through hell because I didn't understand the whole diet concept as I only listened and read what I should and should not eat and etc. It seemed almost everything caused acne. So I skimmed through all this hoping I could get it all down and missed a lot of main facts. I ate about 500-850 calories a day. It was basically just vegetables, fruits, salad with just one egg and two pieces of chicken throughout the day. Stupidest thing I've ever done. I was so scared of eating something else because I thought I would breakout. I wonder sometimes how I could be such a dumbass. I went from 160 pounds to about 130 pounds. You should have seen me. It was a mess. My senior year at HS, people were like geez man how'd you're way to skinny. It was bad. And on top of that I was still working out like crazy. I have no idea to this day how I did it. I should have been dead or something. The day I knew I had problems was when I started to spend almost an hour and a half at the toilet for 5 days in my stomach would kill me.

Well, I now eat about 2,500-3,000 calories a day. I weigh about 168 pounds now. All in a year.

But besides all that, I'd like to say my skin is looking pretty damn good these days.

Just wanted to share a few pointers. Hopefully it may be helpful. Sorry about the story, just hoping no one makes the same mistake as me.

Congrats on your skin improvement! Did you cut out all fats, even monounsaturated and the omegas?

Basically, yeah.

Might start back up on the omega 3 pills. But for now everything should be good.

I mean, I eat a lot of dairy products with either low fat or no fat and drink skim milk. Before that it was all high in fat and etc. I made a connection with the fats and now everything has been well.

i thought saturated fat was the only type of fat that is significantly inflammatory (besides trans fats)

cutting out a lot of mono/polyunsaturated fats in particular omega-3's does not seem like a road to good health

What I think has played a huge factor in my acne:

Fat, sugar. Fatty foods probably played a huge part in my acne. Now I either get low fat foods or no fat.

What I have done to help my complexion:

Warm lemon water in the morning

Keeping myself busy with school and work

Working out 4 days a week

Protein

Liquid Chlorophyll

Just relaxing the mind and not worrying about things. Do not keep acne on your mind 24/7, otherwise you're going to be in hell for awhile.

It was about a year ago when I found this board. I believe from late January to May I went through hell because I didn't understand the whole diet concept as I only listened and read what I should and should not eat and etc. It seemed almost everything caused acne. So I skimmed through all this hoping I could get it all down and missed a lot of main facts. I ate about 500-850 calories a day. It was basically just vegetables, fruits, salad with just one egg and two pieces of chicken throughout the day. Stupidest thing I've ever done. I was so scared of eating something else because I thought I would breakout. I wonder sometimes how I could be such a dumbass. I went from 160 pounds to about 130 pounds. You should have seen me. It was a mess. My senior year at HS, people were like geez man how'd you're way to skinny. It was bad. And on top of that I was still working out like crazy. I have no idea to this day how I did it. I should have been dead or something. The day I knew I had problems was when I started to spend almost an hour and a half at the toilet for 5 days in my stomach would kill me.

Well, I now eat about 2,500-3,000 calories a day. I weigh about 168 pounds now. All in a year.

But besides all that, I'd like to say my skin is looking pretty damn good these days.

Just wanted to share a few pointers. Hopefully it may be helpful. Sorry about the story, just hoping no one makes the same mistake as me.

hey can u elaborate on the benefits of liquid chlorophyll, somone else advocated it but when i asked a guy working in the drug department, he says it just makes ur breath smell better.

Are you sure you get no fats? No avocodos, cheese, butter, yogurt, no oils, eggs, fatty fish, most red meat cuts, nuts etc...

You absolutely need plenty of fats to stay healthy. I'd rethink this one.