Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiscoBloodbath

most gentel cleanser you've tried?

ive heard that scrubs arent the best for acne prone/ sensitive skin. therefore, having one as your main everyday cleanser is a double no-no. so i need to find a very gentle cleaser that wont irritate or dry my skin. hopefully w/ some foam in there. thinkl you guys can help me?

p.s. NOT CETAPHIL! im the only person who's skin actually became irriated w/ that stuff. and i actually loved it for a while... :doubt:

kiss my face olive oil soap is non-irritating and gentle. it even moisturizes a bit. :)

if you have sensitive skin, in general avoid cleansers that foam (excluding the aformentioned soap), or contain any AHA/BHA/BP etc. you want cleanser to be as straight forward and simple as possible, without an excessive amount of ingredients.

I just started to just Purpose liquid cleanser and I love it! It's super gentle and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. It lathers easily and is strong enough to take off all my makeup. Purpose claims to be as non-irritating as water. Very nice stuff!

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

A girl at my work who it super senstitive to everything uses Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser.

thank you guys, im going to start googling each one of those now.

oooh and yeah, ive heard about that Purpose cleanser. maybe i shuld give that a try first. just a tad exoensive.

It is a little bit expensive for the amount you get but it's a lovely cleanser. Still, I think the next time I'll experiment head-to-toe baby wash by Johnson and Johnson; it's made by the same company and is a lot cheaper. A few others on this board seem to like it.

ive heard that scrubs arent the best for acne prone/ sensitive skin. therefore, having one as your main everyday cleanser is a double no-no. so i need to find a very gentle cleaser that wont irritate or dry my skin. hopefully w/ some foam in there. thinkl you guys can help me?

p.s. NOT CETAPHIL! im the only person who's skin actually became irriated w/ that stuff. and i actually loved it for a while... :doubt:

LOL, clear dream is pimping the goat's milk soap again. But she's right, Canus is one of the most gentle soaps you can use. I use goat's milk soap too, but I use ZUM instead.

Clear dream, you'll be happy to hear I did order some Canus soap from Amazon. The hubby loves them, he thinks my ZUM is too girly.

lol... you just cracked a grin on my zombie-lookin' face w/the half-closed eyelids. you bet i'm pimpin' the soap. it's some good shit! apparently good androgynous shit, too...

hubby has some good taste. :cool2:

now let's see if she actually goes for it, because most people still have it in their mind that soap is bad and facial wash is good. Seriously, I'm never going back to foam wash again. I use my old neutrogena face wash to shave my legs. I only use ZUM or Canus on my face now and I've been clear for, uh half a year now? Clear, when did I start my regimen? I know it's over 4 months.

yep, you're at a little over 4 months; i'm at about 3, mebbe 3+. but you're asking the wrong girl for dates... i've been in an insomniac delirium for the last month, and for all i know, it's still december. :lol: i do have the info buried in PM's somewhere...

good idea for using up that leftover cleanser. right now i'm using my Purpose for cleaning brushes... works well.

yeah, i think you wrote somewhere taht you think of foaming face cleansers as "shampooing your face" now? i couldn't agree more -- that's exactly what i think of too. it grosses me out that i did that to myself for all those years. the truth is, my acne started when i stopped using Noxzema and switched to a harsher "facial cleanser" after reading in a stupid Paula Begoun book that one of the ingredients in Noxzema was bad for skin. i wouldn't go back to Noxzema now, but i think that at the time, the stuff (doesn't really foam; it was the original "cream" in the tub) was keeping me moisturized. (now im having deja vu... i must've mentioned this before.)

anyway, yes: soap can be wonderful stuff, and i'll most certainly be hooked on goat's milk concoctions for the rest of my days.

Yeah I did mention that the foaming face wash is like shampooing of the face. My acne didn't start until I freak out about a couple of zits and started using those acne medicine foaming wash and stuff, totally screwed me up. Just think, the soap's natural state is actually solid, what kind of chemical is swimming in thost liquid face washes to make them soft?

I used to use Noxema too, the tub ones I mean. They were great, but a bit too drying for me though.

*shuddering at all the horrid chemicals i've put on my face over the years.*

i feel sorry for skin. it's like a baby; it can't tell you what's wrong.

now let's see if she actually goes for it, because most people still have it in their mind that soap is bad and facial wash is good. Seriously, I'm never going back to foam wash again. I use my old neutrogena face wash to shave my legs. I only use ZUM or Canus on my face now and I've been clear for, uh half a year now? Clear, when did I start my regimen? I know it's over 4 months.

At $5 a pop, hell no I'm shaving my legs with the ZUM soaps, LOL. Also I got tons of unused face washes that did nothing but made my face worse, so I got to use them up somehow.

If we're an advocacy group for goat's milk soap, what are we calling ourselves? Goat Lovers? LOL.

hahahaha! i dunno..... let's see..... how about G.O.A.T. goaty girls opting for acne triumph! (okay, that was really poorly done, but the first thing that popped out of my brain.)

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

If cetaphil irritated you then I wouldn't try purpose.

Natural skincare might be the way to go.

At $5 a pop, hell no I'm shaving my legs with the ZUM soaps, LOL. Also I got tons of unused face washes that did nothing but made my face worse, so I got to use them up somehow.

If we're an advocacy group for goat's milk soap, what are we calling ourselves? Goat Lovers? LOL.

Try using Handmade Soaps by companies.

Olive Oil Soaps are good.

I agree, though like the poster above, Kiss My Face leaves a residue on my face. I didn't use it long enough to see if it was going to break me out, but it paired with a loofah is my HG KP scrub.

My new favorite soap is Grandpa's Old Fashoined Oatmeal Soap, HERE

Leaves my skin soft, removes excess oil, removes makeup (mmu), doesn't strip AND seems to leave my red spots less red. :wub: