Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freshprince1

Proper Application of the BP Gel ?

ok, so i just started the regimen today.

after using my cetaphil cleanser, i pat dry and wait for about 10 min or so before applying the bp gel.

here is my question, so i got about 1/3 length of my index finger for about each 1/3 of my face. i do 1/3 at a time and slowly spread it around. about how long should i be massaging this stuff in ? 30 seconds seems to be pretty good in my opinion and it seems pretty dissolved by then. however, this is my first time so i'm wondering if this amount of time is suffice or if i should spend alittle longer ? i watched the video dan put up and it seems like he was massaging the stuff in for a minute atleast. for me 30 seconds seems good, but since i'm new to the regimen i just want to be sure to maximize its effectiveness.

thanks in advance!

man, I really suggest you apply as little as possible- I f.cked my face up -i'm on day 3 -BP really dry your face up

ok, so i just started the regimen today.

after using my cetaphil cleanser, i pat dry and wait for about 10 min or so before applying the bp gel.

here is my question, so i got about 1/3 length of my index finger for about each 1/3 of my face. i do 1/3 at a time and slowly spread it around. about how long should i be massaging this stuff in ? 30 seconds seems to be pretty good in my opinion and it seems pretty dissolved by then. however, this is my first time so i'm wondering if this amount of time is suffice or if i should spend alittle longer ? i watched the video dan put up and it seems like he was massaging the stuff in for a minute atleast. for me 30 seconds seems good, but since i'm new to the regimen i just want to be sure to maximize its effectiveness.

thanks in advance!

1/3 of a finger of gel per 1/3 of your face works out to be a full finger for your whole face, if I'm understanding you correctly--this is far too much to begin with! Most people don't use this amount until they are 4 weeks into the regimen. You should only be using 1/4 of a finger on your whole face for the first week, since dryness doesn't usually kick in until the end of that week. Then you can up it to 1/3 of a finger for your second week, move up to 1/2 by the third week, up to 3/4 a week after that, and finally a full finger after that. You have to be patient and take it slow or else you'll really dry your face up and be red for a while, since BP is pretty harsh for people unaccustomed to using large amounts of it.

When you use small amounts of BP, though, it will absorb pretty quickly, I think under a minute is not unusual for small areas of your face, since there's not that much BP so your skin sucks it up really fast. It takes considerably longer than that when you use the full amount all over your face, though, especially if you only apply it to one area at a time. Dan uses a lot of BP just on his chin, so that's why his takes a while to absorb in the video.