Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User15978

Is this normal?

I just got my starter kit from EM. This included the concealer brush. When i got it out of the wrapper it all looked good. Then i looked closely and see that the bristles are uneven. Then i look closely and see 2 dents untitled-1.jpg

The reds are where the dent is. There's one dent near the bristles which make the bristles (the purple line that i drew in) sorta 'sink'. And there's a bigger dent right where the steel bit ends then continuing with a plasticy handle.

I dont know... is it supposed to be like that. Its not of a big deal to me, i used it today and it worked fine ( but still i wouldve liked a normal un-ruined brush.) But i dunno is it supposed to be like that. Anyone who has the EM concealer brush could u please look and see if you have any dents on the steel bit.

Thanks.

yeah my 2 pieces came apart too

go onto ebay and buy the BE concealer brush

it is AWESOME

i got it for $10AUD and it's so so so so so so gooooood

yeah my 2 pieces came apart too

go onto ebay and buy the BE concealer brush

it is AWESOME

i got it for $10AUD and it's so so so so so so gooooood

Isn't that the BE concealer brush that Tash has above? Or is the starter kit concealer brush different?

uhm... can an eye shadow brush be used as a concealer brush? and how about a liquid foundation brush?

Yeah, an eyeshadow brush is pretty much the same thing. I think that Liquid foundation brushes usually have coarser bristles so that they don't get damaged; a powder/kabuki brush would absorb the liquid foundation too much & then harden up & be ruined. Since MMU concealer is powder, then I think a soft brush would be better.

Don't stroke or apply pressure on this brush. I think the handle is too delicate. My 3rd use of this brush broke in half which sucked!

I have 2 of these EM concealer brushes and neither are dented. One of them has a top half that comes off, but I'm just going to glue it-it's otherwise fine. Personally-I LOVE these brushes. I've been using them daily for a few weeks now with no problems, except that one, but it shall be fixed asap.

As for uneven hairs, the outer-edge hairs are shorter than the middle ones so that they taper to a nice rounded tip, but that's how they're supposed to be.

Email them and tell them the brush got damaged in the mail and they'll likely send you a new one.