Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noeliam

Accutane and beard

Hi everyonee... my name is Diego and im hoping to start roacutanne soon if my derm allow me.

I was reading the blogs and noticied that most would experience some breakouts the first weeks.. so i thought of growing a full beard the first month...so my question is if this will this affect somehow the work roacutanne of killing my pimples???

thanks !!!!!:)

Hi everyonee... my name is Diego and im hoping to start roacutanne soon if my derm allow me.

I was reading the blogs and noticied that most would experience some breakouts the first weeks.. so i thought of growing a full beard the first month...so my question is if this will this affect somehow the work roacutanne of killing my pimples???

thanks !!!!!:)

For what it's worth, I've pretty much had a beard my whole adult life (used to be long and vermin-infested, now is neat, clean and closely trimmed).

I didn't grow it because of acne, but I do know that whenever I'd get a big cyst or zit in the beard, it didn't bother me because it was pretty much invisible.

Also, for what it's worth, I do not believe that having the beard impacted my acne at all, just hid it. It definitely did not affect how the accutane worked.

So I guess I think your idea is good. I don't understand why people shave anyway 8-0

Just some advice: wash your beard just like your hair, in the shower w/ shampoo. I never use soap on my face outside the shower, just rinse thoroughtly with plain water when I wash my face. It's been so long so I don't ever remember otherwise, but maybe I do this because with a beard, it's kind of hard rinse a beard full of soap suds in the sink. Anyway, this works great for me.