Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
M3tallica

It won't stop coming!

I've been on this regimen for over a month now and just recently [ about a week ago] I pretty much get a new zit every day. They're usually big whiteheads, too. The scars are not healing really at all, unless they are. If they are, they're really improving at a SLOW pace. Please! I need some advice... I'm tired of it...

My skin feels soft now and then, and possibly smooth 80% of the time until I get a pimple that ruins my day. I thought this regimen stops new pimples from forming, or is this another thing where I got pulled in like I did ProActiv?

The steps I do when doing this regimen... Note: I only do this once a day [ at night ] because I have school and I do not like washing my face before school, due to it making my face feels worse and I feel like crap.

The steps:

- Around 6 - 7 P.M every night, I take a shower or use the sink. I apply a generous amount of the cleanser on my face and smooth it into my skin with barely any touching [ as a lather].

- I wash it off gently and pat dry with a towel.

- I wait about 10 minutes for my face to completely dry [ this is when my face feels disgusting ] and I apply the BP smoothly and gently with my hands barely touching the skin.

- I wait another 10 - 12 minutes to put the moisturizer on. The moisturizer I use is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.

Could the moisturizer I'm using be the cause of why I keep getting new pimples and my scars aren't healing at a noticable speed? What moisturizer do you recommend me using? I'm in need of some help.

Where are you Brandy? You're a real nice girl and you're always there to help. I feel like I'm a nasty looking every day yet I am called cute by many girls at school, though I want to look "cute" to myself.

I've been on this regimen for over a month now and just recently [ about a week ago] I pretty much get a new zit every day. They're usually big whiteheads, too. The scars are not healing really at all, unless they are. If they are, they're really improving at a SLOW pace. Please! I need some advice... I'm tired of it...

My skin feels soft now and then, and possibly smooth 80% of the time until I get a pimple that ruins my day. I thought this regimen stops new pimples from forming, or is this another thing where I got pulled in like I did ProActiv?

The steps I do when doing this regimen... Note: I only do this once a day [ at night ] because I have school and I do not like washing my face before school, due to it making my face feels worse and I feel like crap.

The steps:

- Around 6 - 7 P.M every night, I take a shower or use the sink. I apply a generous amount of the cleanser on my face and smooth it into my skin with barely any touching [ as a lather].

- I wash it off gently and pat dry with a towel.

- I wait about 10 minutes for my face to completely dry [ this is when my face feels disgusting ] and I apply the BP smoothly and gently with my hands barely touching the skin.

- I wait another 10 - 12 minutes to put the moisturizer on. The moisturizer I use is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.

Could the moisturizer I'm using be the cause of why I keep getting new pimples and my scars aren't healing at a noticable speed? What moisturizer do you recommend me using? I'm in need of some help.

Where are you Brandy? You're a real nice girl and you're always there to help. I feel like I'm a nasty looking every day yet I am called cute by many girls at school, though I want to look "cute" to myself.

Ok, I'm here. :D

The problem is probably that you aren't doing the Regimen twice a day.

The reason Dan says to do it twice a day is because that is how it works best. Most people NEED to do it twice daily to see optimal results.

So, either you figure out a way to get it done in the mornings, or you will likely get mediocre results.

I know it's difficult to get it done in the morning, and not everyone likes the feeling of "stuff" on their face during the day, but you gotta decide which thing you hate the most........acne, or having meds on your face during the day.

You can also read here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking and here: http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

But I'm almost positive you will get better results if you will do it twice each day.

And here are a couple of moisturizers that I have recently had good luck with if you are thinking about trying something new:

300.jpg

or

200.jpg

No problem, Mortally. I don't mind. The message boards are for everyone.

And thanks a ton, Oppurtunity and [once again] Brandy. You're always thee for everyone. No wonder everyone takes a liking to you. :) But I'll take your advice and try it twice a day and see if I notice a huge difference in 2 weeks or so. I'll come back and tell you how it worked out for me. I truly want to trust in this stuff and maybe hope this is the end of all regimens or acne products for me.

No problem, Mortally. I don't mind. The message boards are for everyone.

And thanks a ton, Oppurtunity and [once again] Brandy. You're always thee for everyone. No wonder everyone takes a liking to you. :) But I'll take your advice and try it twice a day and see if I notice a huge difference in 2 weeks or so. I'll come back and tell you how it worked out for me. I truly want to trust in this stuff and maybe hope this is the end of all regimens or acne products for me.

You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words. :wub:

And yes, do please give an update in a week or two and see if doing it twice a day makes a difference. I bet it will.

Okay, one last question and I'll get out of everyone's hair, lol. I want to make sure I get this right! When doing this in the morning, should I do everything [ cleanser, BP, and moisturizer] or should I not use the moisturizer, and just the cleanser and BP? Thanks..

And you deserved the kind words, Brandy. Every time I have a question [ or anyone, for that matter] you have the answers.

M3tallica,

Do all 3 steps morning and evening.

cleanse, bp, moisturize.

nighttime moisturizer is optional, although most people find it beneficial to do it.

that should definitely help. I remember once trying to do the regimen just once a day but it just wasnt enough. it doesnt really stick around for 24 hours, so eventually theres a time where its just not in your skin.

Hey Metallica, is your skin irritated and red after you apply the BP and moisturizer? And if not, you may want to up the dosage of BP by a little

My skin doesn't get irritated really, just flakes here and there every once in a while. I usually just take a tooth brush for as long as I can and just take some of the dead skin off. As far as redness goes, yeah it gets red around where my acne is of course. Not really red, but noticable red.