Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eric2117

First post! a few questions....

A little background...I'm 21 years old and went through my bad acne stage in 8th grade. When I started shaving in high school i had no problems (no acne, or shaving irritation) around 19 or 20 i started getting bad shaving irritation so i stopped shaving with a razor and started using a beard trimmer. well i used to shave everyday with the razor and not so much, maybe once a week with the beard trimmer. Everytime i shave with the beard trimmer it seems that after i shave i discover little ingrown hair pimples underneath that i know would not be there if there was no hair on my face. Now the question is is hair on the face a breading ground for pimples? and should i start shaving more often with the beard trimmer?

Regimen: -wash, nivea for men sensitive skin gentle face wash\ nivea for men energising face scrub

-Nivea for men protective moisturizer

-BP lotion

I'm a gal so I can't answer completely, but I do know that facial irratation can lead to more acne. But some men find having a well shaved face helps while others seems to find that leaving the hair alone does better.

I would say, though, that the combonation of both the face wash AND face scrub might be too irratating and too much for your skin to handle. We like to think that the best way to get the uneven skin off is to sandblast it off, but gentler really does do better. You could try experimenting using just one wash at a time to see which one works better.

I'm a gal so I can't answer completely, but I do know that facial irratation can lead to more acne. But some men find having a well shaved face helps while others seems to find that leaving the hair alone does better.

I would say, though, that the combonation of both the face wash AND face scrub might be too irratating and too much for your skin to handle. We like to think that the best way to get the uneven skin off is to sandblast it off, but gentler really does do better. You could try experimenting using just one wash at a time to see which one works better.

Thanks for the quick reply! as for the scrub i only use it a couple twice a week not everyday, is this still too much?

If you're only using it twice a week, that might not be too bad, actually. If you have sensitive skin, it might be, but otherwise, a light exfoliation a couple times a week has done other members very well. IF, after you figure out how to handle the shaving situation, you find that you are still breaking out, you might cut out the exfoliation for a couple of weeks and see how that goes.

Unfortunatly, though, being a gal, I cannot advise you on the facial shaving. Hopefully some other member with a more bit information can jump in here and let us know!

If you're only using it twice a week, that might not be too bad, actually. If you have sensitive skin, it might be, but otherwise, a light exfoliation a couple times a week has done other members very well. IF, after you figure out how to handle the shaving situation, you find that you are still breaking out, you might cut out the exfoliation for a couple of weeks and see how that goes.

Unfortunatly, though, being a gal, I cannot advise you on the facial shaving. Hopefully some other member with a more bit information can jump in here and let us know!

Hey all you GUYS out there, what do you think i should do about the shaving situation? i was thinking of using the beard trimmer every other day, that way the hair is kept short and so is any chance of irritation by not shaving everyday even if its with a beard trimmer. sound like a plan?