Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Acne and dairy relation, how long till you see results?

Let's say, for the sake of this discussion, that dairy is the primary cause of acne. We all know that the way dairy is related to acne is that it increases oil production due to the hormones, and also iodine surplus.

So let's say that you stop dairy, how long will you tell that your oil production has lessened due to stopping oil, granted that (for this discussion) that dairy is the only remaining cause of excess oil.

How long did it take for you to see a decrease in oil production from dairy?

1 day (since you stop the iodine and hormone intake right away)?

1 week

3 weeks?

1 month

2 months?

According to Shelly of AskShelly.com, 1 month of cutting out dairy completely should be adequate. If you still have breakouts at the end of 30 days, then you are likely not going to find your answer in cutting out dairy, at least not a 100% answer.

According to Shelly of AskShelly.com, 1 month of cutting out dairy completely should be adequate. If you still have breakouts at the end of 30 days, then you are likely not going to find your answer in cutting out dairy, at least not a 100% answer.

Great idea, I will try this out and see how this goes, taking out one thing at a time, etc. It seems that it can work, if it doesn't then I'll put it back in.

I made a ton of changes all at once (see my regimen in signature - cut dairy/wheat, changed spot treatment, switched to gentler cleanser, & added supplements all at the same time).

I noticed definite improvement within 1 week. 2.5 weeks in, I've been going out without makeup!! However, I'm not sure which change caused the improvement. It might be dairy or something else.