Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asystole

I think i just found the source of my abdominal pain..

So my abdominal pain still has not gone away. As i type this i'm actually in a considerable amount of pain. That's right it's no longer an ache, it's intermittent pain now and it's no longer spread across my entire upper abdomen, it's localised itself to the upper right quadrant (my left hand side). I have no idea what organ lies here, nor what is causing the pain but i'm currently waiting for a nurse to call me back from the NHS direct helpline since it's almost midnight and no doctors are open, and i would feel a prat going wasting A&E's time with something like this.

I know now that i am not just being a hypochondriac. I just went to lie down as this usually relieves the pain i have been having. Yeah, it helped, but it also helped to outline a large lump in my abdomen. The left hand side is about twice as stuck out as it should be (in comparison to the right).

I tried to get a picture since i have nothing better to do while i wait for this nurse but you can't really see the swelling so much in them as i can with my eyes. Trust me; it's there..

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/tehbarra/CIMG0191.jpg

Doesnt look so bad in the pictures :/

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/tehbarra/CIMG0189.jpg

Look at the shadow on the left, that's where it is.

My heart is beating quite fast now too but i think that is more to do with the fact that i can't possibly sleep it off until the doctors open because i have a habit of worrying about these things and expect my appendix to explode or something (even though it's too high up to be that).

I see the lump too. I am not going to say that I know how NHS works or what that lump is, but if she doesn't call you back soon you have to call them again.

The only one description that was even close was pancreatitis, but A) I turn 20 in 2 days and that's unlikely, and B) It's not severe pain, nor do i have any other symptoms.

I am on accuPOISON if that helps though.. !

The only one description that was even close was pancreatitis, but A) I turn 20 in 2 days and that's unlikely, and B) It's not severe pain, nor do i have any other symptoms.

I am on accuPOISON if that helps though.. !

About a week and a half ago, when sitting on my recliner chair in front of the PC after having eaten a meal, i would get this weird slight tightness across the upper abdomen, it went right across the middle and kind of the sides too. I ignored it though. Now though, it's not just after eating, it's there most of the day, it's always there if i'm sat in a leant-back position on a chair, and now this swelling has appeared, along with more pain to that side rather than distributed across the middle.

Perhaps it's a hernia? Muscles can get very tight and ball up under your skin, causing alot of pain. I hope the nurse calls you back soon, I, too, could see the lump.

About a week and a half ago, when sitting on my recliner chair in front of the PC after having eaten a meal, i would get this weird slight tightness across the upper abdomen, it went right across the middle and kind of the sides too. I ignored it though. Now though, it's not just after eating, it's there most of the day, it's always there if i'm sat in a leant-back position on a chair, and now this swelling has appeared, along with more pain to that side rather than distributed across the middle.

Well the nurse rang back and asked a whole heap of questions about other symptoms etc and how the pain was and based on what i said she said that although there shouldnt be a need to go to A&E now, i should see a doctor tomorrow because of the swelling. I really hope i make it through the night hehe.

Oh and by the way it feels kind of like its burning now.. :s

Well the nurse rang back and asked a whole heap of questions about other symptoms etc and how the pain was and based on what i said she said that although there shouldnt be a need to go to A&E now, i should see a doctor tomorrow because of the swelling. I really hope i make it through the night hehe.

Oh and by the way it feels kind of like its burning now.. :s

Great, just found out that i'm not on our university doctors system for some reason so i have to wait until tomorrow to see mine. Leant back in my chair again, feels like the pains moved again, i jut felt it in my lower left back :/

After thinking about it, you may have a swollen spleen. Do you have any other symptoms besides the pain? Such as lethargic, cold symptoms etc...stuff like that? You could possibly have mononucleousis and your spleen has swollen. In that case you definitely need to see a doctor.

After thinking about it, you may have a swollen spleen. Do you have any other symptoms besides the pain? Such as lethargic, cold symptoms etc...stuff like that? You could possibly have mononucleousis and your spleen has swollen. In that case you definitely need to see a doctor.

No other symptoms nope. The only other odd thing i do have is that my hipbones are sore on either side if i press against them. As if i were pressing against a bruise at the very top.. sounds stupid i know heh. But no other symptoms.

No other symptoms nope. The only other odd thing i do have is that my hipbones are sore on either side if i press against them. As if i were pressing against a bruise at the very top.. sounds stupid i know heh. But no other symptoms.

Thats scary man, as you know i have been goin through the same pains, but i dont have that thing on the left in the second picture, that really does look worrying.

You said in another thread that you are about clear, would you consider just staying off the accutane for a day or two? or lowering the dosage just to try and bring down the pain until you can see a medical proffessional? While I know you want to finish the course and you are almost there I think that that lump looksl ike a sign your body is giving you to listen to it.

Also I would agree with 'beentheredonethat' . Going to the Emergency room would definetly not be a waste of time, a lump + considerable pain is more then enough for them not to turn you away, some people go for colds! please consider it.

Thats scary man, as you know i have been goin through the same pains, but i dont have that thing on the left in the second picture, that really does look worrying.

You said in another thread that you are about clear, would you consider just staying off the accutane for a day or two? or lowering the dosage just to try and bring down the pain until you can see a medical proffessional? While I know you want to finish the course and you are almost there I think that that lump looksl ike a sign your body is giving you to listen to it.