Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocketteem

When will the plastic return?

When will the plastic wrap on the caps of the gel be back?

I dont feel very comfortable using it as is... since ANYONE can open it and do anything they want to it.. Im surprised you are even selling them like this TBH...

I was wondering about this as well. Glad that you brought it up because when I received my new tube, I was very concerned that it had no wrap. Every tube that I have ever ordered (even the old royal blue / purple and white) always had protective plastic around them.

Now I am wondering if that is why my gel smells so odd...

Ummm...

So what's the deal with this? This is rather important (I think anyway).

Will it be addressed?

I remember reading months and months back when someone complained that the seals were either broken or missing on his gels that the point of the seals was not to prevent tampering but rather to prevent bursting during shipping. But yeah, bursting during shipping is something I would be worried about, nobody wants to open up a box covered in bleaching gel!

I remember reading months and months back when someone complained that the seals were either broken or missing on his gels that the point of the seals was not to prevent tampering but rather to prevent bursting during shipping. But yeah, bursting during shipping is something I would be worried about, nobody wants to open up a box covered in bleaching gel!

Found the thread from last year where someone was a little paranoid about gel tampering: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=94854

I am bothered that there is no seal on any of the gels anymore, though, not because of tampering, but because I don't trust the distributor or any shipping service not to roughly handle the tubes. They're sturdy, but not sturdy enough to hold up to the hijinks of your local teenage screwoff Fedex employee who kicks boxes for fun.

The plastic wrap will be back soon. Please know that the plastic wrap previously in place was ONLY to prevent the cap from coming off during shipping. Since the product is safely stored at our distributor and travels to the consumer in a sealed box, a safety seal is therefore not really needed. I realize having a safety seal instills a sense of comfort that your product has not been tampered with. Dan is going to start wrapping the next batch with plastic seals, as far as I know.

If somebody really wanted to tamper with the gel, they could do so with seal or no seal.

As Joel said the gel is sent in a sealed box, it's the box that keeps it safe.

I don't think the delivery guy is going to think 'Oh it's a box, I think I'll open it up and see what's inside, ahhh it's an acne gel and I just happen to have some substance in my pocket that I'm going to use to contaminate this gel with, just for the fun of it'.

Sorry about that. It's totally my fault. I forgot to ask them to wrap the latest batch. But the only reason I was wrapping was so they didn't explode in the mail. The product does not come into contact with the public at any point, so it's not a "tamper resistant" thing. I am going to have them wrap the next batch which should be out in about 2 months.

If somebody really wanted to tamper with the gel, they could do so with seal or no seal.

As Joel said the gel is sent in a sealed box, it's the box that keeps it safe.

I don't think the delivery guy is going to think 'Oh it's a box, I think I'll open it up and see what's inside, ahhh it's an acne gel and I just happen to have some substance in my pocket that I'm going to use to contaminate this gel with, just for the fun of it'.

Guest ~Wolfy~
I'll tell you what though... I have an entire case of soda straight from the manufacturer (2 Liter) where the seals on the caps were never sealed.

Would you like to drink it?

This is off topic, but I know it's pretty easy to remove a 2 liter screw cap without breaking the seal... almost all safety seals can be circumvented.

My concern is not with the "what ifs."

(What do people not understand about that?)

I am quite certain that there are things that worry most of you... or that must be a part of something in your lives... that mean absolutely nothing to me (and vice versa).

It was a concern of mine. Dan gave a reply that was both professional and courteous in explanation. I am satisfied with that. That should have been the end of it.

(But of course it was not)

I do not know about anyone else, but if something is none of my business... I stay out of it.

(But apparently different strokes I suppose)