Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starlogic

Type of scars? Help :(

For the most part, with the use of Mederma topical treatment, alot of my scars have faded. I do have quite a few raised red scars still though and they really still bother me. What kind of scars are these? Does anyone know of anything that doesn't cost a grand that would help these a little, even if it was just to fade the redness? My insurance won't cover an ounce of acne anything, and seeing as I'm a full time college student, I really can't afford anything expensive, but they still bother me so much.. I just want to be confident. I'm sick of wearing t-shirts. I want to be a girl for once, and dress like one.

(Green picture is with the adjustment of levels, mostly so you can see the scar tissue better)

Thanks in advance to anyone with help :(

post-34329-1170886817_thumb.jpg

post-34329-1170886817_thumb.jpg

For the most part, with the use of Mederma topical treatment, alot of my scars have faded. I do have quite a few raised red scars still though and they really still bother me. What kind of scars are these? Does anyone know of anything that doesn't cost a grand that would help these a little, even if it was just to fade the redness? My insurance won't cover an ounce of acne anything, and seeing as I'm a full time college student, I really can't afford anything expensive, but they still bother me so much.. I just want to be confident. I'm sick of wearing t-shirts. I want to be a girl for once, and dress like one.

(Green picture is with the adjustment of levels, mostly so you can see the scar tissue better)

Those are hypertrophic scars. You should go see a dermatologist. Usually they can inject them with cortisone. Mine are covered by my insurance, but without coverage, it should cost you just some walking around money depending on how many scars you want treated.

I would suggest that you consult with a dermatologist first to have closely examine what those are before applying anything...then at this point I guess try to drink lots of water and fruit juices..multivitamins....