Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stabber

My first breakout in forever. Weight lifting to blame?

Been clear for months. Crystal clear. (been using differin gel). This past weekend, I brokeout along my jaw line (where the beard grows). I started working out with weights again last month. IAre they related????

Can lifting weights cause acne due to the increased testosterone sad.gif

I used to think that but i have been working out like crazy and 1 hour of cardio too and my skin is ok, never been better.maybe supplements you're taking?I used to get some cysts when i was working out but it was mainly due to my diet, i droped the glutamine, creatine, flax see oil, CLA, etc. Don't know which one was causing my break outs but they stoped.

3dpimple

Hey Guys.. I know that my diet does affect my acne.. like diary and white breads and such... I want to eat healthy and also gain my weight back..

I am running up to the grocery store for 2 weeks supply of food. So what Do you guys suggest for foods as snacks.. Thats the only way I gain my weight back is with between meal snacks.. so Whats healthy and anti-acne ??

This is interesting.

I am female and am a weight lifter. I didn't have ANY acne for years and suddenly started breaking out after a few months of heavy lifting at the age of 23. So, it does make me wonder if increased test levels are doing this to my skin. I have moderate acne, where before I had NONE.

Alicia

if you're taking supplements i'd suggest stopping, especially if they're anabolic steroids. this is proven to cause acne not only on the face, but the body as well.

it is not from the testosterone. Test levels are elevated during weight lifting, but they slowly subside after. It is from the cortisol levels and sweat.

Always be sure to cleanse your face after. Also, green tea is a great herbal remedy for lowing cortisol levels. Cortisol levels are raised whenever you exercises...this includes running, swimming, and ball sports as well.