Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Sunscreen to use under MMU?

hello my favorite gals =]

I figured that my PF mineral powder has titanium/zinc oxide in it... that that was "good enough" sun protection, even though on the package, it doesn't say anything about an SPF at all. Well, i've decided to care for my skin more and prevent aging... so im going to start using a sunscreen of some sort. I was just wondering what you girls use and if it looks fine under your makeup?

I was thinking Olay complete since that is a moisturizer also.. but im paranoid of it looking greasy :(

I found that to be too greasy looking to be honest.

The best I've found are:

1) Simple face protector hydrolotion spf 20 (this is FANTASTIC if you are prone to break outs from sunscreens and stuff, it's also really light and doesnt feel greasy at all :snooty: ).

2) MAC day lotion spf 15

Hope that helps :)

hello my favorite gals =]

I figured that my PF mineral powder has titanium/zinc oxide in it... that that was "good enough" sun protection, even though on the package, it doesn't say anything about an SPF at all. Well, i've decided to care for my skin more and prevent aging... so im going to start using a sunscreen of some sort. I was just wondering what you girls use and if it looks fine under your makeup?

I was thinking Olay complete since that is a moisturizer also.. but im paranoid of it looking greasy :(

ive used it for a while. though it does take a while to dry, i doubt it'll look greasy once you've put on your powder.

note: i will not be re-purchasing it b/c it did nothing for my very dry skin.

Hi Mandy. I struggle with the same problem. It is good for you to start usung sunscreen now. I grew up when we didn't use sunscreen as teenagers. We would slather on baby oil and lay in the sun. I have been trying to find a sunscreen for my oily skin for the last few years. I have used Olay complete for oily/combo skin. It wasn't bad but I did become oily later in the day. But I become oily no matter what I use.

I have been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen. It dries to a nice matte finish but I become oily later in the day. I don't think anything I use will prevent that.

I would try something for oily skin, use your PF over the top and see how you do. You are better off blotting a little than not using sunscreen. I have some dark spots from sundamage on my face that I have to cover everyday and I have had a few friends that have had to have skin cancer removed from their face. The damage can show up years later....I just noticed my sunspots this year.

I use Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF30 because my dermatologist recommended it because I NEED at least spf 30 and a broad-spectrum spf to prevent my melasma from getting worse (brown discoloration on cheeks form the sun).

I have to warn you-it is thick! You could maybe call it greasy, but I wouldn't really consider it greasy, just think and "heavy". If you use a it less it gets absorbed better though. I find that it works fine under MMU though...I put it on, let it absorb for 5 moinutes and then the MMU over top mattifies it but also helps make the MMU stick...and it looks really natural.

The other one that i used to REALLY like that doesn't leave you greasy at ALL is this one by OIl of Olay. I LOVED it but it's friggin expensive up here in Canada and my derm doesn't think it's as good as neutrogena as a brand...but then who knws, maybe she has some sort of agreement woith neutrogena.

The Neutrogena dry-touch is GREAT but stings my face (excema).

Hey Mandy,

I use a SPF daily also under my mineral makeup. I like to use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF30-- it has a matte finish, doesn't feel greasy, and it's great for us oily-skinned gals! :) It's about $12.50/70 mL bottle, which may seem expensive, but it lasts for such a long time. I've had the same bottle for like 6 months now, and it's barely 1/2 finished. I totally recommend it! (It doesn't make me break out either)