Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eddie86

apple cider vinager

i just bought acv for my redmarks but im not sure when to use it. Do i use it after i clense and do leave it on my skin or wash it off im so confused. Can anyone please give me some guidence lol

I personally cleanse, apply, let it sit for 10 minutes, rinse, apply differin.

However, some people use it like a topical, and leave it on over night/day. I wouldn't recommend the day, because it causes a little bit of redness and it stinks. Well, you might like the smell/get used to it, put people around you don't ;)

I suggest you use it like a toner -- apply after cleansing your face, let it sink into your skin. Don't rinse it off, and apply your moisturizer and other products after it dries.

In the beginning when I started using it, I would wash it off after, but that didn't help my skin... I didn't see any change and continued to break out. Most people find there's no harm in leaving it on, and I really believe that the acidic nature of the vinegar prevents breakouts from ocurring. My skin didn't really stop breaking out regularly until I started using ACV 2x a day like this. After my skin was clear, one morning I was in a hurry and didn't use ACV (I think I just wanted to see if anything would happen) and I got all of these tiny white zits!! That's when I knew ACV really helps prevent breakouts.

And lately, since I've been using it 2x a day for months now, I can really see a great improvement in my redmarks, especially the older ones. My skin looks much clearer.

I really suggest not washing it off. Try leaving it on, and if that doesn't cause you any problems, keep doing that. You won't really get the benefits of ACV by just leaving it on your skin for a short time and washing it off... not if you want good, fast results.

And it does not stink! It has a strong smell when you apply it, but so do a lot of toners/facial products. Of course, the smell GOES AWAY after a few minutes! As for it causing redness, it may feel harsh on your skin when you first start to use it, but with regular use, it shouldn't irritate you or cause redness. Be sure to start with a low concentration though! I started with 1 part ACV, 8 parts water... and even that low concentration helped my breakouts and redmarks. Now I use 50/50.

And if you use it, be consistent, because if you don't use it for a long time and start using it again, your skin will have to get used to it again and may be irritated by it again until it does get used to it.

i just bought acv for my redmarks but im not sure when to use it. Do i use it after i clense and do leave it on my skin or wash it off im so confused. Can anyone please give me some guidence lol

I explained it step by step in my topic .. first page .. you can use it as often as you want all day and you don't need to wash your afce before every use .. that would just be silly .. and dont wash it off either bc that just defeats the purpose.