Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eddstaa

OMG OMG OMG I LOVE THIS THING!!!

Might want to re-think that. The apricot scrub is very sharp microscopically. Using it tears the skin up and can actually aggravate acne in the long run. It's better to use a chemical exfoliant, or if you must use a physical exfoliant, get one of the ones with the spherical microbeads.

Yeah, I have tried the apricot scrub and it was way too harsh on my skin. Instead, I settled on *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules* scrub (thanks to forum members for pointing it out)

I liked it so much that I even wrote a review on it.

oh

but i want to use this for atleast a week though

it has aha in it so i guess thats why my redmarks seem to be lighter

but ill see about that nivea thing next week if i see that the scrub isent going well

well, if the harsher scrub works well for you... then keep on using whatever is good!

However, I tried the Apricot one too (they must have good marketing or something, everyone seems to have tried it) and it hurt my skin more than anything. Everyone's different though!

Guest j3ff86

I use it once or twice a month to get rid of noticably peeling skin, but it is a little harsh.

I wouldn't put that stuff on my face if you paid me.

As BTDT said: microbeads are the way to go if you want to use a scrub ..... personally I prefer chemical exfoliation, but each to their own.

Apricot Scrub was the same for me. I have sensitive skin anyway it was red for a day or 2 after using it.

You guys should look at Himalayan Crystal Salt. It the most effective treatment I've found but it's not advertised as a treatment for acne.

You can buy it at a few sites online. Just do a search for "himalayan crystal salt deodorant bar".

It's hard to find info on why it works on acne but I found a blog entry that might help explain it.

http://www.myacnereview.com/2007/01/14/tre...-acne-symptoms/

I really like it too, but I got the one for "sensitive" skin...I've been using it for two months now (and i have dry, sensitive skin) and I have not had any irritation yet. Might be something to think about.

Also, I tried this new microdermabrasion scrub by Derma E and it was wonderful for evening the texture of my skin and making it sooooooo soft. It was a sample tho and I ran out, so don't know about long-term but I'm gonna buy some soon. Give it a try! It seemed to help my scarring, and the microbeads were round if I remember. They're also super-small and grainy, like very fine sand. :D

Guest Mankind

Yeah, it was nothing special when I used it awhile back - it just seemed to irritate my skin.

Also, it microscopically rips/scratches the skin which is something I wouldn't really want at all.

That stuff is very irritating. It put scratches on my cheeks, made my face red, and it made me break out. I dont think I even used that stuff for a whole week