Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
billyboy

Permanent Dermal Fillers-Artefill/Aquamid

I am hesitant about silicon microdroplet, but noted that Artefill recenetly garnered FDA approval for nasal fold creases. Also, I see that Aquamid is going through FDA PMA process. I am curious as to your thoughts or experiences with these fillers for atrophic scars. Any docs in CA that are good with these?

I am hesitant about silicon microdroplet, but noted that Artefill recenetly garnered FDA approval for nasal fold creases. Also, I see that Aquamid is going through FDA PMA process. I am curious as to your thoughts or experiences with these fillers for atrophic scars. Any docs in CA that are good with these?

I got an advertisment from Dr. Alkek for artefill (artecoll) treatments today, it was for lip enhancements. I wonder if you could get that done after having one round of silicone, or if they are not compatible. Maybe it would show results alot sooner than the silicone, not sure. Also after reading on it you have to have an allergy test in your arm and then wait and month to see if you are allergic to it. Funny how silicone is considered more dangerous by the FDA yet there is no allergy test required for it. Artefill will only last 5 years too, while silicone is more permanent. Something to think about.

Toubled S provide a link for a SF plastic surgeon he suggested for fillers, but I lost it. Troubled, if you see this, would you mind reposting?

Tricia, you raise good issues. I have read good reports on these boards with silicon micro, but I have 2 issues: travel to find an expert (e.g, Dr Allek in Dallas) and the downside risks seem high. I am 55 so permanency is less of an issue for me than for younger posters. Reinjections every 4 or 5 years is no problem from my perspective. Also, it seems like new fillers are coming out all the time that might be even better. I like the fact that Artefill went through clinical trials (blinded on the effiacy test). At the same time, I know some posters have had great results with aquamid and that is going through PMA now. I don't know how long that will take (another year?), but this seems more intriguing yet not available.

Anyway, I am looking for something more mainstream that SF Bay Area docs would administer. One problem with these FDA clincial trials is that the tests have to do with wrinkle correction and it seems presumptuous to assume that the same effiacy would be observed with acne/surgical scars.

I would definitely try these. I too am some what worried about trying silicone, but would consider that as well. However, I think I'm going to go with non-permanent filler first like Radiesse. I want to see how well my scars react to filler before I get injected with any of these permanent or semi-perm fillers.

Has anyone had experience with Radiesse before? If so, how long did your results last for? Also, anyone who has had experiences with Artefill or Aquamid I too would be curious to hear about them.

You know I remember Healtysceptic saying Artecoll which is now Artefill, did nothing for his boxscars. You can do a search to find it. He said he wouldn't recommend it. I think I'll give the silicone lis a few more times because I have seen some improvement but not much. I guess it is safer to get really small increments of improvement so you know you won't overfill or get lumps. I've read artefill can cause lumpiness if they inject too much as well. The silicone is cheaper for me now too, which matters to me right now.

Tricia, I remember someone else saying that he got no results from Artecoll in Canada (and form laser procedures), but a great result from aquamid in the UK. so I am all ears. Where are you getting silicon micro?

Tricia, I remember someone else saying that he got no results from Artecoll in Canada (and form laser procedures), but a great result from aquamid in the UK. so I am all ears. Where are you getting silicon micro?