Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest T-Virus

Not allowed to wear make-up to school?

Guest T-Virus

Not that I wear make-up, but today our form teacher was warning us that we had a uniform check on Friday. She said she'd be checking the girls to make sure that they're not wearing make-up because it's not allowed.

I mean wtf?

Isn't that a bit harsh?

That is VERY harsh!

I would never go to school, if I couldn't wear makeup! I would have a nervous breakdown :confused:

Yeah we had a very strict no make up policy at school to the point where teachers would follow you into the washrooms if you were wearing any and WATCH you wash every trace off

Not very nice at all

When I was a prefect I still wore makeup and I never told anyone else off for wearing it- I just made sure mine and theirs was subtle and "natural looking" as opposed to something more "weekendy or recreational" i.e. purple eyeshadow and pink lipstick-

I mean if it's natural it hardly gives the school a bad image

OMG thats a very harsh rule! Id be doomed if I couldnt wear make up to school or work. If I were you I would confront her about it and be like, but I was planning on covering up my acne. You wont even let us wear make up that blends in with our skin tone?!

Are these private schools? I've never heard of anything like that in public schools here in the US. We had some dumb rules in middle school though; if you wore a tank top the straps had to be a minimum of 2 inches thick and they would actually get a ruler out & measure them. Talk about anal retentive. :rolleyes:

That's insane :blink:

Even in my school there's no such restrictions and I attend private school and lot of it's standards are quite strict.

If I couldn't wear make-up to school, or in front of my peers, I would be even more fucked up in the head than I already am. I know they can see the bumps but they are less distracting when they aren't the color of tomatos.

Public School>Private School

[ALERT: hippy rant approaching]

this world is ruled by fascists pigs!! they're everywhere. screw that school and that teacher! i hate schools where there is no room for you to show off your individuality or creative side (even if it is purple or black shadow!!) ahh... who the hell are they to tell people what to do. just one more attempt for the pig illiminate any possible free thinkers that might arise!

SCREW COMFORMITY!! PAINT HALF YOUR FACE RED!!!

PRIVATE SCHOOLS = SATAN! :evil:

EDIT: however, public schools are satan too. i hate all instututions. :wall:

this world is ruled by fascists pigs!! they're everywhere. screw that school and that teacher! i hate schools where there is no room for you to show off your individuality or creative side (even if it is purple or black shadow!!) ahh... who the hell are they to tell people what to do. just one more attempt for the pig illiminate any possible free thinkers that might arise!

PUBLIC SCHOOLS = SATAN! :evil:

Even if I went to an all girls private school, I wouldn't want to go. I used to hate looking at myself in the mirror without makeup period.. i'd put it on when I was home alone all the time

PUBLIC SCHOOLS = SATAN! :evil:

:eh:

Eh it's a private school that won't allow girls to wear make-up. Most public schools don't care what you like.

Not that I wear make-up, but today our form teacher was warning us that we had a uniform check on Friday. She said she'd be checking the girls to make sure that they're not wearing make-up because it's not allowed.

I mean wtf?

Isn't that a bit harsh?

can't you have your parent(s) write a letter to your teacher/school saying something to the effect that you have a skin condition and they give you permission to wear make-up only to conceal this "condition."

i can't see why your school would have a problem with that, if you aren't going to be wearing lipstick, eyeshadow, etc. i think it's completely insane that they have such rules, but there's usually a way around such things, especially if your parents are supportive.

Wow i dont like private schools. I`m sorry you have to go thru something so ridiculous.

DO NOT go to school embarrassed and ashamed. Put on your foundation and concealer and powder to cover what ever you'd like to cover. Just make sure it blends nicely and naturally with your skin.

If you wear makeup on your eyes, just cut down on it, curl your lashes and coat them with mascara. Not to much tho.

I always think eyes look gorgeous after curling and putting a little mascara on.

If they have a problem with that then you should speak up or have ur parents do so, because as long as it looks natural there is not problem in it. If their gunna check for foundation dont let them touch your face, that would be absolutly ridiculous. You shuldn`t have to go thru something like that.

Please let us know how things go.

EDIT : haha i feel smart now, i just went back and read ur post again realizing you dont wear makeup. Anyways if any of ur friends wear makeup then yeah ..dont let them feel scared to wear makeup that day to cover their flaws if they feel insecure with out it. Tell them to go more natural that`s all.

Guest T-Virus

Everyone, remember as I said I don't wear make-up.

I just felt sorry for the girls. I noticed that last year a girl with acne used to cover her's up but her make-up wasn't very noticeable at all. It was just the other day when our form teacher told us that she'll be checking to make sure the girls aren't wearing make-up that I thought "What? They're not allowed to wear make-up?"

And if I complained that it's not fair that make-up isn't allowed people would just laugh and give me strange looks. I agree that it's a really stupid rule, but I can't really do anything because it has nothing to do with me.

Back when I was at school we had a girl who went as far as to get a letter from a psychologist saying she had OCD and had to put on makeup all the time- etc etc so she would be able to wear it as she was too scared not to.

Mind you she also hid in an art cupboard and watched our PE teacher get changed once- so perhaps she's not the best example

I know of people who tried every trick in the book to wear it- however I did notice that teachers were more leniant on the girls who had worse skin and wore makeup than those that just wore it for fun and probably would be comfortable without it.