Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jdean

cynneron laser?

i went in yesterday for my peels from my estatichan and she was talking to me about accutane and all the problems with it and then went on to say about this new laser she has and how it works almost the same as accutane but its not AS effective. she called it the cynneron i think thats how its spelt but does anyone else have more information on it

I'm not familiar with the laser, but at the risk of sounding terribly cynical, I can't tell you how many estheticians have told me they have something "just as good as Accutane." Sometimes it's a laser, sometimes it's a peel, sometimes it's just really expensive moisturizer. And in my desperation to find something to help my skin, I'm embarassed to tell you how much money I've spent on these things. And none of them have ever worked. In fact, some of them made my skin worse. So, I would advise you to be very cautious.

I'm not saying that this laser she has isn't good--like I said, I know nothing about it--but I've been playing this acne game a long time now. And it's so easy to get sucked in by people who tell you they can help you. In my experience, nothing is better than Accutane. That being said, I know some people have had horrible side effects from Accutane. I was not one of those people, so of course, my opinion is biased. Unfortunately, I AM one of those people who Accutane only put into remission for a little while.

If you're acne is severe, there is no replacement for Accutane, in my opinon (which remember, is biased by my own experience).

If you're acne is not severe, or you can't take Accutane for some reason, I say try Dan's regimen or Home Light Treatment. I really, really, think those are the cheapest, most effective options available. They will save you a lot of money in the long run.

That's just my 2 cents. I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do. :)