Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sickofthis

face looks worse after I wash

Does anyone else notice this? After my face dries, it looks better. Not completely better but better than when it is wet! When it is wet, I can see every little spot that I ever had a zit....it is so discouraging. I have been using Retin a for a year now, and the scarring has improved. However, I was reading in "The Beauty Bible" by Paula Begoun and she said that Retin-a, microderm, glycolics and all the like will just temporarily mask the scars and as soon as you stop using the prduct your skin will go back to the way it was before. This is so upsetting to read. I have had so many treatments for my scars already and was going to give the retin-a a couple more months to see what happens but now I am thinking otherwise. What do you all think? Anyone get a permanent fix from Retin a? My scars are shallow, but I have a lot of them and they are noticable in certain lights. sad.gif

I'm not really sure, but if your scars are really shallow, you might want to give Mandelic Acid a try. The others here are raving about it.

Does anyone else notice this? After my face dries, it looks better. Not completely better but better than when it is wet! When it is wet, I can see every little spot that I ever had a zit....it is so discouraging.  I have been using Retin a for a year now, and the scarring has improved.  However, I was reading in \"The Beauty Bible\" by Paula Begoun and she said that Retin-a, microderm, glycolics and all the like will just temporarily mask the scars and as soon as you stop using the prduct your skin will go back to the way it was before.  This is so upsetting to read.  I have had so many treatments for my scars already and was going to give the retin-a a couple more months to see what happens but now I am thinking otherwise.  What do you all think? Anyone get a permanent fix from Retin a?  My scars are shallow, but I have a lot of them and they are noticable in certain lights. sad.gif

Mine looks worse after i wash too, and yes it is discouraging seen as u wash before your about to go out(so not what you want to see just as your going out to face the world). ](*,)

Whats the deal w/ people saying that retin-a "eats scar tissue." I've heard a number of people saying this (Denise and Maya come to mind).

If the results are just temporary, then it certainly doesn't eat it.