Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daanzell

Mederma Scar treatment

I was watching tv a few hours ago and there was an ad on a gel that diminishes all sorts of scars, including acne scars. It states to not completley remove scars, but soften, smooth and reduce their appearance. I don't think I have any pitted scarring, although sometimes it looks like I have very very very shallow pitted scarring on some areas. Most of my scars are red marks. I wanna try this stuff.

The active ingredient is something called allium cepa, I think its a plant.

For more info visit www.mederma.com

I want to know what people think, or if anyone has tried it, what were the results like, if any?

Cheers. :)

I was watching tv a few hours ago and there was an ad on a gel that diminishes all sorts of scars, including acne scars. It states to not completley remove scars, but soften, smooth and reduce their appearance. I don't think I have any pitted scarring, although sometimes it looks like I have very very very shallow pitted scarring on some areas. Most of my scars are red marks. I wanna try this stuff.

The active ingredient is something called allium cepa, I think its a plant.

For more info visit www.mederma.com

I want to know what people think, or if anyone has tried it, what were the results like, if any?

Cheers. :)

Im not a fan of Mederma. The active ingredient diminishes the actual scar forming, which I think cuts down on collagen. Anyhow... You may be left with a more visible defect if you do not let the scar 'fill in' the spot of the injury!.. Because certainly the injured area will not be removed, only the 'scar' has been proven to diminish. Its hard to explain... Oh yeah, and the active ingredient is nothing more then onion extract.

my mother bought this for me a few years ago thinking it would help. back then a tube of this stuff was like $45. Anyway, they claim its good for all kinds of scars, usually recent scars and cuts. They even had a bunch of news reports on it when it first came out with a little girl who was a burn victim who healed remarkably well. Anyway, i hear this isnt bad for stretch marks, but as for my acne, it didnt do anything noticeable

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I won't be going for it. Woot, saved me the $$, thats why I love these forums lol. :)