Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JooK

How do I get acne?!?

I'm so good at not touching my face its unbelivable. The only time I do touch my face is when I blow my nose (still no skin to skin contact) or when I'm cleansing and applying BP.

Its so frustrating keeping my hands away, especially during the winter where my face itches severely in 1 spot for about 2 minutes, I hold it out, even if its just as hard as holding a killer piss in.

However, HOW do I get acne if I dont even touch my face???

NOT ONE single bit have I touched my face and I still end up with bacteria in my skin. How does it get there? By the damn air?? I know air has bacteria floating in it, but shit.. That cant be the reason can it?

Acne is more than internal thing rather than an external, hence why some people have break-outs with antibiotics: the medication pushes all the gunk out from within your body to the surface of the skin.

You can keep your skin as clean as you possibly can, but as long as your sebaceous glands are over-compensating in sebum, you're still gonna get acne. Yes, having a face full of dirt or bacteria may exacerbate the problem, but it isn't the primary cause of the problem.

Acne is more than internal thing rather than an external, hence why some people have break-outs with antibiotics: the medication pushes all the gunk out from within your body to the surface of the skin.

You can keep your skin as clean as you possibly can, but as long as your sebaceous glands are over-compensating in sebum, you're still gonna get acne. Yes, having a face full of dirt or bacteria may exacerbate the problem, but it isn't the primary cause of the problem.

very true

Avoiding touching your face can help lessen the severeness of your acne. But it wont prevent it completely. Acne isnt caused solely by touching your face. I never touch my face, I have acne. You dont need bacteria from the air to clog your pores either. Just having oily skin can cause your pores to get clogged and suddenly, a pimple forms.