Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetshotpfhs

My Current Regimen... Any Suggestions??

Morning

Wash face with Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser (2% Salicylic Acid)

Apply Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion w/ AHA and SPF 15

Night

Shower and wash face with Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser (2% Salicylic Acid)

Apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

and then Tazorac Cream 0.1%

I've been on Tazorac for about 5 weeks, but I haven't really been consistent with my cleanser and moisturizer. I used to use the Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar and Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15, but I didn't really like how they made my face feel.

I'm really thinking about switching to a different regimen. I'm really interested in trying the regimen in The Acne Curebook by Terry J. Dubrow. Anyone know about this book?

It depends.

What are you trying to achieve with your regimen? Is to treat red marks, inflammatory acne, blackheads...?

All that stuff seems irritating, salicylic acid, glycolic acid and tazorac.

It depends.

What are you trying to achieve with your regimen? Is to treat red marks, inflammatory acne, blackheads...?

It depends.

Mostly red marks. I used to have bad acne, but I went on Accutane, so my face is pretty flat w/o any bumps or cysts. I still get some occasional whiteheads, but its mostly red marks and scarring from past acne.

Mostly red marks. I used to have bad acne, but I went on Accutane, so my face is pretty flat w/o any bumps or cysts. I still get some occasional whiteheads, but its mostly red marks and scarring from past acne.

In that case, I would ditch the salicylic acid cleanser as it just causes additional irritation. Replace your cleanser with something mild. I use Aveeno Ultra Calming but there are many others you can try.

Glycolic acid did wonders for my red marks but it takes time. I can't comment on Tazorac since I've never used it and don't know what it's supposed to do.

In your shoes I would switch it up a follows.

Morning:

-Mild Cleanser

-Moisturizer with SPF 15.

Evening:

-Mild Cleanser

-Moisturizer with AHA (Since you've already been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin(8% AHA) for a while, I'd try to find one with 10-12% glycolic acid)

Again I don't know what Tazorac is so I don't know where it would fit into this regimen.

Thanks, I really appreciate your suggestions. So you use the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser? How is it? Do you have any other mild cleansers in mind, that I could possibly try?