Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
King of Instant Wonton

Soldier loses massive weight due to breakout paranoia

Unfortunately that's me. I'm in the Army (GO ME) so I am quite active. Reading all this jazz has got me so neurotic that I don't eat anything that resembles a dairy product or high GI index food. That's very difficult to avoid in my line of work and my comrades. It's not fun being strange and not really enjoying food because I have to avoid so many things I enjoy (mostly cheese foods). I used to be 180lbs. @ 6ft tall when I worked out in Iraq, I mean my skin was ass over there, straight up but really who gave a damn there. When I look in the mirror I see a deranged repulsive guy and to think of how handsome I was supposed to be. Now I am 155lbs and very very slim. I can't do nearly as many pushups as I used to (but damn I can run like the wind!) and I just don't look like a buff stud. Due to the drinking ACV and using it as a toner I'm *almost* clear... I only have like 4 active jokers but a good amount of deep scaring and discoloration which SUXXORZ. Well hopefully all this clears up and I can start eating normal again.. how dearly I miss Pizza

Unfortunately that's me. I'm in the Army (GO ME) so I am quite active. Reading all this jazz has got me so neurotic that I don't eat anything that resembles a dairy product or high GI index food. That's very difficult to avoid in my line of work and my comrades. It's not fun being strange and not really enjoying food because I have to avoid so many things I enjoy (mostly cheese foods). I used to be 180lbs. @ 6ft tall when I worked out in Iraq, I mean my skin was ass over there, straight up but really who gave a damn there. When I look in the mirror I see a deranged repulsive guy and to think of how handsome I was supposed to be. Now I am 155lbs and very very slim. I can't do nearly as many pushups as I used to (but damn I can run like the wind!) and I just don't look like a buff stud. Due to the drinking ACV and using it as a toner I'm *almost* clear... I only have like 4 active jokers but a good amount of deep scaring and discoloration which SUXXORZ. Well hopefully all this clears up and I can start eating normal again.. how dearly I miss Pizza

Wow, what a story, thank you for sharing! It's pretty interesting seeing your life change. But at this point it's true, what matters most to you? Your skin, or your physical form? And since being in the army, most people will care for the latter and most not so much for skin. So just do what you believe is best :) Good luck man!

Is the Army/military good about providing food alternatives? Do you have much of a choice in mess hall, and do you get to pick your own portions or do they give you a set amount?

Maybe the problem is not only avoiding dairy, but just eating fewer calories overall. Is there a way you could get more of the things you do eat?

King: Ask yourself...would you rather eat that pizza and be a little less healthy or be neurotic (which may cause less health) and abstain from everything you love because there may be a correlation between some people's acne and food?

In the army it is hard to get treatments. But if I were you, I would at least get a sulfur wash (like 10%) and use salicylic acid, and eat whatever you want.

Trust but verify. Since you can't verify or trust most of the things people say whom are advocating diet, then screw it.

:)