Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm Indian, I have light brown skin, and it gets brown marks/hyperpigmentation pretty easily. Last summer I started using the obagi blender and my face became more flawless than I had ever even imagined it could look like. I started getting careless with my face and the obagi and ran out of it and by December my face had some marks again. I tried to using a cheap hydroquinone product (Palmer's Skin Success) and it RUINED my face. So I ordered the obagi and am using it again. I'm just gonna document on here how fast it works and how well. The first time may have just been lucky. Anyhow, for anyone who has olive skin and gets brown marks and has never had a real solution, maybe pay attention? I thought any product with hydroquinone in it would have the same effect, but apparently not. Nothing has worked like the obagi blender. Anyhow, I'll let you know. I just started today. Maybe I should take pictures. But they probably wouldn't show the hyperpigmentation all that well. You have to see the after to even understand why the before is so bad. Okay thats all, I don't even know if anyone else cares enough to pay attention...

What exactly do you mean by 'ruined' examples k? How long did you use the (Palmer's Skin Success)? I have heard that for hydroquinone products you have to use them for a certain amount of time before you see results. Finally, are you using sunscreen?

I'm pretty familiar with hydroquinone products, the different kinds, and I have to say that my skin has reacted very differently to different products. By "ruined" I mean that it darkened parts of my face, particularly around the sides of my nose, mouth, and the bridge of my nose, basically distorting my face with darkened patches.. it looks terrible. I used it for a few days and then my skin went haywire and dried up and peeled and darkened. Very gross. Anyhow, I'm using the obagi again, and going to track my progress. I took some pictures so I'll post them if this works.

I got the obagi blender at amazon.com from anu-skin. I would have to say they are pretty reliable and sent me it pretty fast.

I'm pretty familiar with hydroquinone products, the different kinds, and I have to say that my skin has reacted very differently to different products. By "ruined" I mean that it darkened parts of my face, particularly around the sides of my nose, mouth, and the bridge of my nose, basically distorting my face with darkened patches.. it looks terrible. I used it for a few days and then my skin went haywire and dried up and peeled and darkened. Very gross. Anyhow, I'm using the obagi again, and going to track my progress. I took some pictures so I'll post them if this works.

I got the obagi blender at amazon.com from anu-skin. I would have to say they are pretty reliable and sent me it pretty fast.

The "temporary darkening" that I've experienced with certain hydroquinone products was never all that temporary and when it peeled away it was just worse than before I started. Obagi Blender is pretty much the only product that seriously solved my hyperpigmentation. AcneFree Fade and Erase worked sort of well, but not as well. But it was also 65 bucks cheaper. I still recommend the obagi. I know you want to do the peel because it is dramatic and fast, but try the blender beforehand, and it may take like 2 weeks, but it'll probably work. Also you need to be on the obagi program for 6 weeks before you can get the peel anyway.

The "temporary darkening" that I've experienced with certain hydroquinone products was never all that temporary and when it peeled away it was just worse than before I started. Obagi Blender is pretty much the only product that seriously solved my hyperpigmentation. AcneFree Fade and Erase worked sort of well, but not as well. But it was also 65 bucks cheaper. I still recommend the obagi. I know you want to do the peel because it is dramatic and fast, but try the blender beforehand, and it may take like 2 weeks, but it'll probably work. Also you need to be on the obagi program for 6 weeks before you can get the peel anyway.

My experience with the Blue Peel:

After I had it done and went though the "down" time, the results were very impressive. The results were temporary, lasting almost a year and a half. I used the Obagi products faithfully, but then I gradually started breaking out again.

Just be aware that 1) it is expensive. Seven years ago, it costed me $500 for two layers. The Obagi products required for preparation of Blue Peel and after the Blue Peel total in the hundreds. 2) there is about 4 days of "down" time while waiting for all the peeling and blue to disappear. You probably do not want to go out in public, especially when your face is still blue, and 3) it is very painful.

The practitioner offered me a valium to endure the pain, but my mother (a nurse) advised against it since an official doctor was not administering the dosage.

When the blue solution goes on, it feels like barbed wire is being scraped across your face. It burns intensely for a good five minutes. I had two layers done, so that was 10 minutes of pain for me. The nurse held a fan in front of my face which helped a little.

Though the results were great, I don't think I could endure that pain or expense again. Nowadays, I have sworn off any chemical treatments. I will break down sometimes and use Obagi's hydroquinone because it works so great at fading scars. Hydroquinone has been banned in other countries because of its toxic chemical properties, so I wouldn't use it long-term. The body absorbs anything put onto the surface of the skin.

Personally, I would rather peel gradually with a series of microdermabrasions.

so are you certaint this is good for brown marks becouse when i read it it sais freckles, age and liver spots not blemishes. or it helps fade stuff on ur face overall also how do you go about using this is it like a spray or something?

so are you certaint this is good for brown marks becouse when i read it it sais freckles, age and liver spots not blemishes. or it helps fade stuff on ur face overall also how do you go about using this is it like a spray or something?

quote]

It's a lotion. It works on any sort of brown hyperpigmentation, at least in my experience. It works great for brown marks caused by inflamation.

It lasted me... maybe 5 months, and that was me using it a whole lot, like twice a day for the first 2 months and then once a day for the rest... on my whole face.

the thing is u cant get that obagi blender in UK

dont know if Hydroquinone is available in uk ??

Are you able to order it online from the US?

It's been a week and my skin has peeled about twice around my mouth and still waiting for it to peel between my brows. My skin looks 10x better overall. I expect it to finish totally peeling within 3 days. I'll post pictures then.