Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alex12

I need help! I had a 15% TCA peel.

Hi guys!

I am from Germany.

5 month ago my acne ended (i am 20 years old) but it left some little scars (many small rolling scars and one bigger boxed scar, all scars are not very deep). In a period of 4 weeks i got a 3 treatments with a 15% TCA peel. Now ist is much better than before, but i am still not that happy with the condition of my scars. Tomorrow i get the last of 4 treatments.

Now i have two questions (perhaps you can help me):

- Is it right that the days after the TCA peel you shound not use any moisturizer, because moisturizer can prevent the peeling effect of the skin after a TCA peel?

- When will i see the final results of the TCA peel? How long does it take forthe skin to regenerate itselft after the TCA?

-What stuff should i take to help the skin to regnerate itself? Zink and Vitamin C?

Sorry for my poor English!

alex

Hi Alex, I answered your questions here:

- Is it right that the days after the TCA peel you shound not use any moisturizer, because moisturizer can prevent the peeling effect of the skin after a TCA peel?

Denise: I havn't heard that specifically. Emu oil and copper peptides are very good for people who have had TCA peels. But honestly, if I were you, I would call the place where I got my peel and ask them. I'm not sure what a 15% TCA peel did to your skin, so it's hard to give advice or comment.

- When will i see the final results of the TCA peel? How long does it take forthe skin to regenerate itselft after the TCA?

Denise: That's very hard to say..... :-k You probably won't have a lot of scar reduction, especially with a 15% peel, so I'm not sure what you're looking for regeneration in. Again, since I'm not sure what the state of your skin is, and since I dont' know what the 15% peel was supposed to do (I got a 35% tca peel a year ago), I would call the place you got it and ask.

-What stuff should i take to help the skin to regnerate itself? Zink and Vitamin C?

Denise: Zinc and vitamin c are both excellent for skin regeneration!!! Zinc at 30-50 mg. per day is good for acne, and at least 1,000 mgs. of vitamin c are good also (some people take more, some less, but for skin renewel, 1,000 is a good amount).

Sorry for my poor English!

Denise: No problem. I wish I could have given you more specific info., but not knowing what your problems were and not knowing what a 15% peel should do, it's hard to give you clear answers. In all honesty, I would call the place you got it done and ask them directly. Since they know your skin, they would probably be able to give a more clear, direct, answer.

Take care and let us know if you have more questions.

dont' know what the 15% peel was supposed to do (I got a 35% tca peel a year ago), I would call the place you got it and ask.  

Alex: Read the FAQS above. As far as tca rebuilding collagen, that probably won't happen much with a 15% tca, I'm sorry to say.

Please read the threads and the faqs....there are lots of things you can do.