Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Look for a diaper rash cream or any cream for that matter that contains a high percentage of zinc oxide. I wouldn't order sudocrem cause the shipping cost will be ridiculous. There are many products in the U.S. that contain a high percentage of zinc oxide, in fact I'm more than positive there are better products out there considering sudocrem has comedogenic ingredients.

Look for a diaper rash cream or any cream for that matter that contains a high percentage of zinc oxide. I wouldn't order sudocrem cause the shipping cost will be ridiculous. There are many products in the U.S. that contain a high percentage of zinc oxide, in fact I'm more than positive there are better products out there considering sudocrem has comedogenic ingredients.

such as what?

i was just looking up ingredients and it said sorbitan oleate is comedogenic. or is that the same thing? also said lanolin is comedogenic. fuck it tho really. mav has been using it for weeks now and he hasnt gotten a big breakout from it. just because something is comedogenic it doesnt necessarily mean it will break you out. read that. :D hmm that sounds bad, shit just dont be stupid.

I'm definitely not saying it's a bad thing. But it isn't some one of a kind miracle cream. It could break some people out and there are likely better products out there if you would just look.

hey i looked. i looked hardcore. everything has mineral oil in it. the only one i found (in stores) without mineral oil has corn starch as one of its main ingredients and thats comedogenic as well. it sucks especially for people in the us like me. sudocrem has been tested on here pretty damn well, so i would suggest it over anything else. yea it could break you out but then again so can bp. :doubt:

Sudocrem also contains liquid parrafin which is comedogenic and has caused me to breakout in the past. However despite this, having seen the positive commenst about sudocrem on here i have bit the bullit and started applying sudocrem on evenings after the regimen. (it took some guts to put it on my face beleive me! i was terrified and still am as i am just waiting on a breakout!!)

Fingers crossed. I have been applying it for over a week and ive only had a few small breakouts which healed very quickly.

I was looking into using Aveeno's Diaper Rash Cream, cuz it has a lot of zinc oxide, but I was concerned about some of the ingredients being comedogenic (ie. lanolin). I sent them an email saying I wanted to use it on my face & they replied saying it is not intended for use on the face & it is not non-comedogenic (of course they have to say not to use it on the face to cover themselves legally I am sure). So I decided not to use it. I'm using it on my legs though & it has really helped protect my skin from irritation when I wear jeans (yes, my skin gets irritated by jean material :rolleyes:).

I'm using desitin. zinc oxide 40%

inactive ingredients: bha, cod liver oil, fragrance (bad :( ), lanolin (bad?), methylparaben, pretolatum, talc, and h20.

doesn't seem to be breaking me out though?

I'm using desitin. zinc oxide 40%

inactive ingredients: bha, cod liver oil, fragrance (bad :( ), lanolin (bad?), methylparaben, pretolatum, talc, and h20.

doesn't seem to be breaking me out though?