Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erox

Does anyone use acne as an excuse

I think I sometimes use acne as an excuse not to want to speak to people I don't know, and sometimes to certain people who I actually know. I may think that my acne is bad this day which means I'm not in the mood to speak to someone, although it isn't always when my acne becomes worse. I think I remember when my skin was a bit more clear, I started to think, my hair is too messy, or I'm not tall enough, and then I didn't want to speak to other people. I normally thought this way only around people who I didn't know but it still doesn't seem to be the correct belief to have of onself. Does anyone else use acne as an excuse to avoid social situations, or when they are becomming clear, do they use other flaws as excuses as well. I mean the acne does bother me but durring the times when it isn't too bad, I still find other negative aspects that push me away from social situations.

Yes...

when someone wants to meet me the first time, I would tell them not to be. terrified by my horrible skin.

If they are cool with it, I would meet them.

Guest MaxPowers585
I think I sometimes use acne as an excuse not to want to speak to people I don't know, and sometimes to certain people who I actually know. I may think that my acne is bad this day which means I'm not in the mood to speak to someone, although it isn't always when my acne becomes worse. I think I remember when my skin was a bit more clear, I started to think, my hair is too messy, or I'm not tall enough, and then I didn't want to speak to other people. I normally thought this way only around people who I didn't know but it still doesn't seem to be the correct belief to have of onself. Does anyone else use acne as an excuse to avoid social situations, or when they are becomming clear, do they use other flaws as excuses as well. I mean the acne does bother me but durring the times when it isn't too bad, I still find other negative aspects that push me away from social situations.

well for me sometimes i dont feel to good and acne is an excuse for me but i dont tell friends im not going out because of acne, i just make some other story up on why i cant go out..