Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
webstar

Why does the BP smell different (yet again)?

The last batch of BP that I ordered in September 2006 was finally used up. I received my new gel yesterday... and it is rather apparent that the smell is very different. Should I be worried about this? Has the formula changed (again) over the last 5 months? This concerns me as the last change really affected my skin.

Just wondering at the very least... why the change of smell?

The smell should not be all that different. I was talking to Brandy and told her that two people have actually returned their gel to me because it smelled different to them. However, I could notice no difference in comparison to my other batches I have here at my home. This is not to say that they did not smell different to those people. There can be slight differences from batch to batch and people with sensitive senses may notice the slight changes. Perhaps your sense of smell is finely attuned. Regardless, it's ok if it seems slightly different from batch to batch, as there are usually slight variations. If, however, you ever notice anything of concern, please let me know.

Thank you for responding.

It is very different (the smell). Going from the old tube to the new in less than 24 hours reallyallowed me to notice.

The old had a bit of a citrus smell to me (actually, the last 3 tubes) and all smelled exactly the same. This new tube has a smell similar to a lotion or (and I know that this is going to sound extremely odd)... hair grease.

I will wait a few more days of using it to see if I obtain any unusual breakouts or dryness (my skin is flaking slightly) - if everything is fine, no concern. But I am now wondering if the consistency of the product can change under extreme temperature. After all, the product was somewhere for two weeks that no one can accurately account for.

That worries me.

I am getting used to the new smell. At first, I thought it was horrible. It still seems to work the same so far, although the consistency is slightly thicker.

Unfortunately I have not had the same results. My face is very flaky...

And the only thing that has changed is the BP (nothing about my routine is different).

Glad to hear that you are not having any problems.

I doubt the new formula would be any more drying. Could you perhaps be using more since the consistency seems a little different? I notice my flakiness at some times worse than others even though I stick with the same routine and products.

I doubt the new formula would be any more drying. Could you perhaps be using more since the consistency seems a little different?

I don't know why the 11/08 batch smells different. I wonder if Dan knows anything about this change... he did mention there are small differences between batches, but this seems a little more than a small change.

So, I have another tube marked 11/08 which does not smell very much at all. I wonder why some would smell stronger?

the point is consistency being much thicker!

i've immediately noticed it.

i also have noticed it absorb much quicker (maybe i am using less due to the consistency change?)

Yes, I also noticed the consistency change. The previous batches seemed to glide on much easier/faster than the 11/08 batch. I like the fact that it seems to absorb quicker, but, it could be (like you said) just using less because it is thicker.