Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GWU girl

My Stop-Picking Log

Picking Addictions  

107 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you would say you are addicted to picking zits?

• Yes, I am secretly addicted to picking zits.
    • I pick acne but am not addicted.
    • No I don't pick acne.
    • Not telling.

I have been good! Only picking body scabs. No face. For about a week. I am planning the ULTIMATE reward for 3 months after my quit date YAY Success!

I'm still on track. :clap::dance::comfort::D:angel: I feel good! I have picked once since i decided to get back on track with my program. I was as gentle as possible though. My marks are gone (2 days later). i am starting to accumulate items for the ultimate reward (3 months after my quit date, which is oct 1). it helps bc i think about it everyday.

I'm still on track. :clap::dance::comfort::D:angel: I feel good! I have picked once since i decided to get back on track with my program. I was as gentle as possible though. My marks are gone (2 days later). i am starting to accumulate items for the ultimate reward (3 months after my quit date, which is oct 1). it helps bc i think about it everyday.

Thanks so much!! All of my breakouts are caused by hormones, stress, or picking. My face looks awesome right now, I haven't picked for at least a week. October 1st is my quit date when i put permanent nails on, YAY!! I still pick at my body acne but it's going away bc of the time of month. It only heals when it wants to heal. Neosporin, yay!! I'm going to try proactiv once i go three months without picking after my quit date. We'll see if i need it after not spreading the infection through picking.

BTW I never really noticed how BUSY my hands are ALL Day!! I've been working on that too.

Good luck!!

I have finally realized:

I hate picking!!!!!

It controls me!!!!

I can't do this on my own!!!!!

and Makeup can't cover ALL the damage.

I don't want my kids to pick.

I don't want to go out with scabs on my face (anywhere!).

Its time to quit. On my quit date and today i have been slowly decreasing amount of picking. Only bc i have some painful ones. Than I'll quit totally

:)

Well how about this thought!!

Don't quit picking, decrease and isolate picking.

Four reasons to pick:

fun

relieve pain

look better

don't even think

www.acne.org/habit-reversal.html

If I can eliminate fun and pain (the two most destructive ones for me) then I will have succeeded and I will still be able to treat whiteheads. I'm researching more stuff about bp and alpha hydroxy. Apparently bp isn't as good as I thought it was.