Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GWU girl

My Stop-Picking Log

Picking Addictions  

107 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you would say you are addicted to picking zits?

• Yes, I am secretly addicted to picking zits.
    • I pick acne but am not addicted.
    • No I don't pick acne.
    • Not telling.

Thanks, that's such a cute site. It makes my habit seem silly. Picking can leave your skin brutally red, puffy, swollen, and unhealthy. Maybe I should try wrapping my face in bubble wrap and picking :) Or doing a paper mache face with red paint in the bubble wrap. :dance: I CAN quit forever!!!

After a long time of following no plan to stop picking, with disastrous results, I have decided that deciding to stop picking works better if you have a plan instead of wandering aimlessly. I have set up new deadlines for going a certain amount of days without picking and I am working towards them. I have edited my plan again and have made it as effective as I know how. It is my first day on this new plan. I attached all the documents of this plan. My b-day party is at a river and i want no scabs by then. If I stopped picking my acne would be very very minor. But, I make it ugly and nasty with my meddling.

check_off_chart.doc

Revamped_Plan_for_Summer.doc

New_late_summer_milestones_plan.doc

HLED_221_Research_Final.doc

check_off_chart.doc

Revamped_Plan_for_Summer.doc

New_late_summer_milestones_plan.doc

HLED_221_Research_Final.doc

I'm trying to do the same thing. Everything was good until I got a few small clogged pores that turned into whiteheads... they have been flat but I like an idiot put big globs of BP on them so now I have huge redmarks which are peeling... so I learned to not use BP anymore and I am just going to not touch my face, at all unless absolutely necissary and I am just using purpose soap and complex 15 lotion as normal. Here's to our success!

Some tips:

*Reward any success!!

*Fake nails AREN'T Cheating!!!

*There are no pros to picking

The Revamped plan for summer is good to follow to stop picking.

Today I have had a lot of stress, but I only found myself touching my face twice. B/c I have not been picking, my acne has healed into scabs. This makes me want to peel them. I'm glad that they are healing though. I have been popping myself with the rubber band every time I find myself feeling the scabs. I love the new plan but it takes a long time to review all the papers every day. Good luck!!!

I'm on the 3rd day. Everything is going well and I am still excited about the possibility of being able to quit. I need to focus more on positive self talk and visualization though, bc thats what pulls me through the stages of the program that I am not excited about. I get to go to the Library and pick out a stack of pleasure books if I don't pick today. It is the 3 day milestone. I also get to collect whats left of my 1 day without picking reward. I am glad that the needling rules allow me to safely drain zits without hurting my skin. Good luck!

I am on day 4 without picking!!! AT ALL!!! The beginning of the program is usually easy bc I am excited. The 2nd and 3rd stages are harder bc rewards are less often, I get bored, and I go on vacations and slack off. My 3 days without picking reward is either 1) Go see the new movie "No Reservations" with Michelle 2) Go to the Library and pick out a stack of good books or 3)Read a chic book I own that I dearly love. Today I have been busy all day, but that helps me keep my mind distracted. i am keeping a picture log of my acne as i quit picking and it is amazing to see how much they fade when I don't pick.

For my 3day reward I ate Skittles (my favorite guilty pleasure) and bought and watched "Facing the Giants" (one of my fav. sports movies). Today is day 5. For day 7 I will go see No Reservations with my bf. I really have not been tempted to sit down and pick my little heart out yet though. I'm sure that will come in some stressful time. stay one arm's length away from the mirror and good luck!

Squeezed after needling with clean tissue! Won't do that again!! It looked just like I picked! Red and puffy, ugh! Today is day 7. One week without picking with no slips, relapses or picking!!! Needled about 5. Pic log was hard to keep up with cuz I was at my bf's house.

today is day one of stage 2. It has been really hard not to pick body OR face. i think that this is the point in the program I usually start getting frustrated anyways so it is really hard to accept that my face looks bad evven though I haven't picked. Ahhh what fun acne is. It surprised me to find that watching other people pick really grosses me out. thats a good sign. I am going to keep snapping myself with a rubber band bc i feel like i should have some punishment for trying to pick to dissuade more picking. frustrated with acne and not picking.

Today is day 2 of stage 2. I have a job interview today. My face had a lot of little comedones yesterday. When i sit in the light my forehead looks like it has sand on it. I needled them yesterday and last night I used 2 applications of bp and one of 8-10% alpha hydroxy lotion. They look much better this morning. Flat and flesh colored. I'm not worried about them bc of my interview, after years of picking I have become a wonderful makeup artist. Give me enough time and I can blend and cover ALMOST anything. Thats the only good thing i learned from picking. NO PICKING AT BODY OOORRR FACE TODAY!!!! My chest has nothing to pick (looks good!), my back has a lot to pick (but no whiteheads, all papules and scars) and my face is dry and if anything a little scabby. Keep snapping that rubber band if you pick or scratch. I got very grumpy without being able to pick yesterday. It was kinda funny. You wouldn't think that you'd have withdrawal symptoms from zit picking would you??

BTW if you want to barf every time you think of picking through associational learning go to this you tube video. And REALLY, bring a barf bag! I couldn't watch the whole thing, only the first 20 seconds. I don't know how it ends.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnKmSS8Y74Q...ted&search=

Today is day 3 of stage 2. I have been painting all day and got my am regimen done @ 2:30. My chest and face look good. my back has turned all scars and acne bright red for no reason (go figure!), and i don't know what to do with it. My face is really scabby and dry. i need to order more bp and cleanser. I'd like to try the moisturizer, but not until I run out. I about hurled watching a top 10 cysts, boils and acne film on Youtube yesterday. that is NASTY!!! Today is day 10 without picking (minus one grace allowance when I squeezed with a tissue after needling. My reward for 10 days is for Mom to remodel my bathroom so I have more shelves for skin care supplies and she will do any handiwork I need done around the house. I will also read a good book. Sudoku is optional. 10 days... WOW... I have never gone that long without picking before!!! Well, I did but at the end of day 10 I relapsed and blew it. That won't happen this time!

i have officially gone 10 days without picking. YAY!!! I never did that before! Mom will put up my b-room cabinet and be my handiman for the day. I also read an amazing chic book, that I have always loved. My b-day is Sun!!! YAY! Life is good. Today is day 4 of stage 2. My am regimens have been getting done very late in the day. Stick with the program. I gtg bathe my horsies.

Today is day 5 of stage 2!!! I struggled yesterday and used my grace allowance. I scratched and wanted to pick. I hate it when I don't pick and I still get acne. So i'm thinking of switching to proactiv. My zits are worse when i pick, but i want them to dissapear when i don't. I still haven't gotten my 10 day reward and its hard to stick with the program. I have a lot of closed comedones on my forehead. Nothing heavy but still discouraging. I did pick a huge painful knot on my forehead. I knew i'd never stab the right place with a needle, so i picked. It was good, the pressure was gone and i got a good bit of pus out. Oops! broke my non picking spree but it doesn't seem fair.

today is day 7 of stage 2. i have picked at 1-2 zits for the past two days. it kinda came outta the blue. I haven't today though. It started with that one painful nodule the day before my birthday, but after the "surgery" it healed. STILL haven't gotten 10 day reward. I have to be not picking and on the program to reap the reward. stressed to a max right now!! SCHOOL gtg

oh, you guys MUST find a way to stop from picking! It is absolutely crucial to the success of ANY acne treatment program.

Please, don't touch your face at all besides gently washing and applying your acne medications.

I have FINALLY made it to stage 3!! YAY!!! I've never gone this long without a slip (5 zits) or a relapse (10). At day 7 of stage 3 I can get fake nails. It is impossible for me to pick with them. I have been Not picking for 2 days. Before that i was on an 11day no pick spree. it ended with me picking 1-2 a day for a couple days. not too bad considering. Keep trying!

Day 2 stage 3. Beautiful healed up skin on face and chest. Back is red but reduced. this is my 3rd day without picking in a row. fake nails MIGHT not be an option bc i have horses. oh well it was a thought. they physically prevent picking so i don't have to worry about it.

I have picked 3-4 for the last 3 days. uh oh. i was at bf's house and it started when a huge, owwie knot shot out a ton of pus when i was trying to get some relief. I haven't relapsed, i was just trying to make the zit and the pus go away and heal faster. So if i can go 1 more week without picking I'll get fake nails put on. Happy to be home with my boys (horses). ttfn

got all the way to stage 4. Then I just forgot program. Now i am celebrating one day without picking my face. school is stressful. I want to have great skin even when i'm stressed!!

I dont know if this has been mentioned yet... but heres what I do:

PICK YOUR LIP! I force myself not to touch my face. Instead I pick at, scratch and rub my bottom lip. Obviously I dont get pimples on my lip and it does no damage to the lip at all.

If you wear lip gloss or lipstick or whatever i guess you wont be able to.

Try it! Take out all that acne agression and tingly fingers on your lip rather than on your fragile face :angel:

I'm planning on going as long as possible without picking, and then setting up an appt. for fake nails (for real this time), even if i have horses. The 10 a month for nails will pay itself off on my gorgeous face. Back to stage 1 for now. Usually i do ok as long as i'm on some sort of program.