Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nemt

Clindamycin Phosphate + moisturizer?

I put on Clindamycin Phosphate shortly after I shower in the morning, which is also the dryest time for my skin. Lately I've been mixing it with Dove Deep Moisture lotion SPF 15, to protect from the sun and dryness throughout the day. Will this have any negative impact on CP's effectiveness?

good question... i am currently using CP in the a.m and my DR. constantly promotes moisturizers so i fig it was a safe bet

any one know the facts???

when you say that you mix the two, do you literally mean mixing the two together and applying them at once? If this is the case, I would maybe apply the Clinda first, wait a couple minutes for it to dry, and THEN apply your moisturizer. I'm sure the other way won't be harmful, I'm just not sure if you will be able to get the full benefit of the antibiotic if it's not directly penetrating your skin at it's full strength.

I put on Clindamycin Phosphate shortly after I shower in the morning, which is also the dryest time for my skin. Lately I've been mixing it with Dove Deep Moisture lotion SPF 15, to protect from the sun and dryness throughout the day. Will this have any negative impact on CP's effectiveness?

Funny that you asked that since I just saw a new Dermatologist today and she prescribed me three different medications (Ziana, neobenz and doxy) and sold me the AHA cleanser, oil free moisturizer, and AHA Lotion to go with my prescriptions. She told me to mix a pea size amount of Clindamycin (Ziana) with my moisturizer (dermatolgic cosmetic laboratories). I have used Clindamycin before it worked for a short time and then I broke out again so I am back on it. Ugh.