Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

I just read BP has been banned by the EU

Well, I can't find anything online to suggest that it has been banned. It seems to be just a random, isolated claim by one person. He hasn't even referenced the source of this claim. Lets face it, anybody can write and post anything on the internet. It doesn't mean it is true, especially when they have motives to sell their own alternative acne treatment.

BP is against regulations in cosmetics and facial washes. That's all. I would have thought it would have been in the newspapers if it was true.

It seems like a false alarm.

I just received this email from OxyUK re. BP :

"Dear

Thank you for your email.

Oxy on the Spot is a medicinal product that's been granted a licence by the UK competent authority. The safety and efficacy of benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of spots and acne is not in question and therefore there is no question of Oxy on the Spot being withdrawn.

I trust this addresses your question.

Regards,

Pantea"

So there you have it folks. It's untrue.

"Dear

Oxy on the Spot is a medicinal product that's been granted a licence by the UK competent authority. The safety and efficacy of benzoyl peroxide in the treatment of spots and acne is not in question and therefore there is no question of Oxy on the Spot being withdrawn.

Regards,

Pantea"

Very good! Thank you for looking into it.

"Dear

Regards,

Pantea"

That's good news. It was a relief to me :cool:

That article is 2 years old....

I went down to a Boots store today. They've never sold any OXY products on their shelves, for aslong as i can remeber... But they have not banned any BP products, becuase i noticed OXY 10 (Bp 10%) behind the pharmacy counter next to the freederm product.

So this must be some old scare!

Does the SA product have any side affects apart from a little paleness? And exactly how much does it make your skin pale? I was thinking on replacing my BP for this product. So using on most of my face... I'm sick of the dryness & redness that I get from BP, although i'm 99% clear on it. And.. Do I need to use a cleanser with the SA product too?

Do you think you could use it on a larger or other part of your face? For testing? Thx alot!