Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
real maverick

I just read BP has been banned by the EU

I searched online and read numerous reports that confirmed this. It won't be available OTC.

I checked boots and superdrug the main UK drugstores and neither of them are stocking Oxy on the spot.

I feel physically sick, it's the only product I can use to keep my skin clear and without it I have no idea what I'll do, if my skin got bad it would totally ruin my life, I could not go back to having crap skin, not a chance.

Anybody have more info on this?

:(

I'd rather BP damage my skin than live my entire life miserable from having spots.

EU is European Union

I don't think this will effect the US only UK.

Can you perhaps buy in bulk from the company?

Will it be available on request- like in Europe or will you need a prescription?

Do you have a link to any of the articles so we can have a read please?

Can you perhaps buy in bulk from the company?

Will it be available on request- like in Europe or will you need a prescription?

Do you have a link to any of the articles so we can have a read please?

report 2

OMG, this is bad news! :mad:

hmmm, I asked Dan to take a look and see if he knows anything about this.

You all can probably still order it online or have your doctor prescribe it.

But yea, that's awful if true.

hmmm, I asked Dan to take a look and see if he knows anything about this.

You all can probably still order it online or have your doctor prescribe it.

But yea, that's awful if true.

This is surely major news and needs sticking.

People in the UK are in trouble. Mial order is all very well, but it costs such a packet.

Lots of thinking to be done. How a product can be banned in one civilise western country andnot in another is puzzling.That's the EU for you.

Well, let's not panic just yet. We've had similar scares in the past and they've been false.

For instance, last year Canada decided to put BP products behind the shelves, and make 10% prescription only. There was quite an upset until people found out that you could still get the lower strengths, you just had to ask the pharmacist/chemist to get it for you behind the counter.

So, see if you can find anything more official about it, and more details those of you who live in the UK.

Can a few of you call up your local pharmacist/chemist and get the official details?

I can confirm that Boots have stopped selling BP products OTC :(

I can also confirm that Superdrug are also stopping sales of BP.

This is insane, absolutely insane, this is going to ruin lives.

I can confirm that Boots have stopped selling BP products OTC :(

I can also confirm that Superdrug are also stopping sales of BP.

This is insane, absolutely insane, this is going to ruin lives.

Ok, but did you ask the pharmacist/chemist for details? Is ALL bp permanently gone, or can you still get lower strengths, or by prescription only?

If this is true, it's awful! But I'm sure you can all order online still, even though it is an inconvenience sometimes, it's still a way to get BP.

Boots said they have stopped stocking BP and Superdrug said they were discontinuing BP and that's why it's currently discounted.

The thing is, I asked the questions to members of staff, they're shop assistants and not spokespeople from the companies so the information is not guarenteed.

However the evidence was there, Boots said they were no longer stocking it and sure enough there was none on the shelves nor was there an empty space for it.

I'm not sure how we can better verify these claims.

Ok, they said they would have a pharmacy supervisor call me back. Those articles are all from 12/05... so, either it never came to pass, the new ruling just went into effect, or the guy who wrote the article, who also has his own acne product, is full of shit.

It definitely seems to be true guys. I am waiting for a pharmacist I know to get back to me about it.

For anyone on her who uses Oxy-on-the-spot I was in Morrisons earlier today and they still had it on the shelves! You may want to stock up!

I just hope that the EU legislation does not make it an offence for non-eu companies to supply such a banned product into the EU. I still want to be able to get hold of Dans BP!!!

FFS

How a product can be banned in one civilise western country and not in another is puzzling. That's the EU for you.

Lol, since when has USA been a civilised Western Country?? :shifty: ;)

if long term, heavy use of BP proves to be carcegenic in the future, there could be lawsuits.

Not enough if known at this stage.

I'm going to carry on using it for spot treating (I'll import dan's) but I'm not going to cover my face with it now.

If the European Union have banned it, this is serious stuff.

Well right now there is no proof of it, and I'd rather risk it than live a life of misery. thats just me personally.

Ditto lol

Can people from the UK order dans bp at least? im not sure where it delivers to