Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Been trying not waiting after washing

A friend of mine who uses the Regimen recently told me she doesn't wait after washing before applying BP. That got me to thinking. So I've been applying BP probably a minute after washing, no more. And honestly I can't see much difference. My skin is still completely clear. Anything that can make the Regimen more accessible I'm all for. But before I change it on the site, I wanted to check in with you guys to see if any of you do it that way without problems. What do you think?

Hi Dan for the past few weeks I've been dipping my face in hot water for 1 minute and then applying BP right after, on the basis that my pores are open and it may be more effective.

My skin is great at the moment.

I know in the past I've experimented and not found any real difference between waiting and not waiting, though I've always preached this rule as it's part of the regimen.

Some nights if I'm in a real rush I'll apply BP, Moisturiser and Sudocrem all at once, and go to sleep and still no negitive effect.

I do feel however that the most important step would be to wait at least 5 minutes after applying the BP, before moisturiser so that it has a chance to sink in properly.

I vary my waiting times, but sometimes I do just wait until my skin feels dry before applying it, but yea I agree with Paul above that waiting after putting on the BP before applying the moisturizer is still a good idea.

I used to apply BP less than a minute after I had washed and patted my face dry, but now I try to wait a few extra minutes. Waiting longer means that my face dries more in the air, and the BP seems to absorb much more quickly that way. A couple nights ago I was rushed and didn't wait, though, and what do you know, the time I would have spent waiting for it to air-dry became time I needed to rub the gel in more because it just wasn't absorbing very quickly! I don't think the wait times make a difference in terms of the effectiveness of the regimen, but I like it when my skin just soaks up the BP really quickly and I don't have to spend as much time smearing it around.

I agree with Brandy + RM, though, the waiting time after the BP before the moisturizer is important. I haven't noticed varying it affecting my success on the regimen, but my moisturizer goes on with a much better texture when I wait at least 15 minutes than if I only wait 5-10. I bet waiting a long time is doubly important for people using cream-based BPs, too, since it reduces streakiness and clumping after you put on the moisturizer.

I never wait after washing my face and bp still keeps me clear. Just make sure to properly dry your face with a towel (pat dry - be gentle) before applying the bp.

What i do is initially dry my face with the top half of the towel and then do exactly the same with the bottom half. Once i've done that it is nice and dry for the bp.

Hmm I gotta try this...

But I think that BP absorbs quickly if you apply it on a dry skin. As I said - I'll try this and report after few days.

Im not wanting to put a dampner on things but about 6 months ago my acne returned in a bad way despite clearing almost 100% during the previous 12 months. I could not figure out why, so i took someones advice on here and watched the videos again showing how to do the regimen properly. I realised that I had stopped waiting the 15 minutes after washing before applying the BP and also I seemed to be applying the BP too roughly (ie not as gently as Dan in the video)

Everything else had stayed the same, ie my diet, moisturiser etc etc.

I resorted to waiting the full 15 minutes before applying the bp and sure enough my face started getting clear again. Obviously everyone is different and for many, maybe you are lucky and can drastically reduce the time it takes to do the regimen. For me though my acne deteriorated badly. Its a real pity for me as i struggle to fit the regimen into my daily schedule, it takes bloomin ages!

Im not wanting to put a dampner on things but about 6 months ago my acne returned in a bad way despite clearing almost 100% during the previous 12 months. I could not figure out why, so i took someones advice on here and watched the videos again showing how to do the regimen properly. I realised that I had stopped waiting the 15 minutes after washing before applying the BP and also I seemed to be applying the BP too roughly (ie not as gently as Dan in the video)

Everything else had stayed the same, ie my diet, moisturiser etc etc.

I resorted to waiting the full 15 minutes before applying the bp and sure enough my face started getting clear again. Obviously everyone is different and for many, maybe you are lucky and can drastically reduce the time it takes to do the regimen. For me though my acne deteriorated badly. Its a real pity for me as i struggle to fit the regimen into my daily schedule, it takes bloomin ages!

No, you aren't putting a dampener on things, it's important for you to let us know that the wait time is necessary for you.

I dont wait...

Nor do i rub it in after i apply it... NOR do i use moisturizer... AND i use it only one time per day...

And the gel STILL works for me.. hehe although im sure it would be EVEN better... but i dont have time to sit here for 5 minutes rubbing my face... but thats just me.

I've tried applying BP and moisturizer more quickly, but it just irritates my skin more. The best time inbetween applications is 8-10 minutes for me. I think that it's good to let your skin settle down a little bit before drilling into it right away again w/ products.

i dont wait to long i admit as after i wash my face sees to dry veru quick and then i go fo the bp,the main thing for me is to wait after bp as someone else mentioned.

I just wait until my skin is dry to touch and then put on my BP, and then I apply my moisturiser (sudocrem) straight after I put the BP on, I don't wait, and my skin is fine.

Hi Dan,

I was going to ask you what the significance is of waiting for your skin to dry after washing before applying BP. Everywhere I read, says that skin absorbs better while still a little damp - helps it sink in a bit while your skin is still supple. I havent been waiting the full 15 mins, more like about 5 if that - I think the important thing is waiting after you apply BP to insure its dry & absorbed before moisturizer...

Just my thoughts...

Well, I always wash, then brush my teeth, then apply BP. It takes about 5+ mins to brush my teeth and has to be done so I put BP on after that. Seems to fit in with the regimen well.