Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Viper

Getting off of the regimen temporarily

I'm thinking about getting of the regimen temporarily because after two months my skin is constantly dry. It looks like one of those dry parched lake beds. even if I just wash my skin with water my skin is that way after the water dries off.

I probably already know what's going to happen if I get off of the regimen but i just wanted to know if others had done this and what they experienced.

I use moisturizer (cetaphil w/SPF 15) but it sometimes where's off.

i think its the cetaphil cleansing bar that's drying my skin the most, but since I've heard some on this board say that cetaphil isn't that BAD at drying out skin, i really don't know what other stuff to use.

has anyone tried thos liquid cleansers?

I use spectro gel. It's a nice cleanser, takes off makeup, deadskin, and other junk. Leaves your skin feeling nice and smooth. Recommended by derms and my derm recommended it to me. It isn't drying.

Thanks.

I' ran out of cleanser so I'm going to the store tommorow. i'lll probably pick up a liquid cleanser.

i tried to go off the regimen for the same reason as you...

but after a couple of days i started to see little lumps form which i know was going to turn into a huge zit so i went back on it again

it turned into an obsession, lol wink.gif

use more moisturizer ..... i know u think im a derder for saying that. it took me about a year to realize this ...... once u start, dotn stop and it will even out.

id moisturize too much and get the greasy/plump red zits around my chin area so id stop. then within 2 days it would be so dry that id have little red bumps there. i finally just used a bit EVERY night and over the past 3 weeks its been rough but finally worked out. no bumps near my sides of my chin at all

*knock on wood*