Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geannie3

Using the Regimen, its about time something works...

Hi, I am 26 and sick of acne. I have tried ProActive, salic acid treatments, plenty of water and a good diet, mineral mud masks, WINDEX!! anything at all to dry out my skin and make me less self conscious. I have battled with acne since I was 12 and am sick of it. I hope that this regimen works... I ordered my BP gel tonight and will start sometime next week

More later...

Got my gel tonight, started with Cetyphil gentle cleanser and lotion. I wanted to post a picture, but found out I couldn't here, my photo is too big. For some reason I cant upload my picture at the gallery.

Also, I was wondering about the duration of washing... I need to wash longer than just a few seconds, since I wear makeup, so I hope that won't irritate anything... not like it isn't irritated already!

OXOX,

me

Ok, i am on day 3 I think, and though I am not using the BP more than once a day (only at night right now), I know that this is going to suck. I am not able to pop any whiteheads that appear, which seem to have come up on every blemish I had previously. They are just hard as rocks! And picking anything is no good, since when I do, it SCABS over! My face doesn't look a whole lot worse than usual when I have makeup on (using Bare Escentuals only), but it hurts really bad and I have to keep chewing out my 4-year old when ever she touches me.

Hoping it will get better, as I am surely sticking it out, for now anyway...

I am a little over a week in, and I am pleasantly pleased!

Here is what I am going through. The scabbing I was talking about, well, they are all drying out and just peeling off, leaving nothing but totally normal skin underneath. When I started, I had about 7 or 8 cycstic pimples and a mess of red spots and whatnot, and all but 3 of the cyctics have gone away (although 2 new ones came up today).

A lot of the redness is still there, but I hear that this is normal. Not much improvement on the surface, but at least my face doesn't hurt all the time. I am also drinking about 100 oz of water everyday.

When I apply my BP, it feels just fine, but for the last 2 days, when I put lotion on after, it makes my jawline itch and around my eyes sting. I guess that I need to avoid my eyelids with the lotion. Never had a problem before. I am using Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizing lotion, I like these both and am getting good results, though I don't like using a second cleanser for my eye makeup. I didn't have to before with the Biore stuff I was using.

I hope it keeps getting better...

I tried ramping up the BP dosage to 2 times a day, but I woke up this morning and my whole face was dry and scaly. Gross. Still keeping with once a day, and not quite at full strength with the BP yet. Got another 2 awful, deep down pimples today, but again, I think that this is normal. I forgot to wash my face last night, but I am doing pretty good otherwise.

Ah, moved me, eh? That's good, I should be here anyway.

I am at the end of my 3rd week. I am using BP at full strength 2 times a day. After my last post, my face was only dry and burning because it was sooo dry. I moisturized that morning without using any medication, and tried applying it again that night. All is good now as far as that goes. I try not to use any medication on my neck, since it becomes red and stings a bunch, eye lids as well (if it happens to meander there on accident that is. Wouldn't want to upset anyone by putting things on my face that might be dangerous).

I am seriously broken out right now though! If I hadn't seen good effects a week or so back, I would totally stop this crap and quit torturing myself for 1/2 an hour twice a day. I have popped some of the nastiest pimples lately, and have a cruel one on my left cheek (my worst spot). There are 2 of them on my right cheek that grew from persistant small red spots that have been hanging out for around 2 weeks, but I zapped them with a massive dosage of BP and they are now subsiding after I popped them. Its kinda weird talking about this on the internet!! I guess it is more for my use than yours though, so if you are grossed out, I guess you can get out!!

All kidding aside, this sucks... I promised that I would hold out for 8 whole weeks. I have only cheated 2 times without washing my face before bed in 3 weeks, and I think that is a record. Glad I can't post pics right now, because I look like hell. If anyone has any words of encouragement, now would be a great time!

More later,

me

I have been slacking on my regimen, and it shows. My face was showing improvement in the sense that I had not had any new pimples emerge in about a week, but I still was covered in nasty red marks. I went out drinking and didnt take care of my face one night, and just washed and moisturized the following morning, then didn't medicate again the following night. That was last Sunday and Monday.

I am at square one again! My left side had broken out unforgivingly, and my neck is totally dried out. I have been back on the reg for about 3 days now, but it feels like week one again. I am hoping that it won't take long to get back in the swing, since my face is already used to the BP. I don't know if I like this regimen one bit, however, I won't be slacking on it anymore, I will tell you that!

Still marching on...

Still pressing on, though I had FOUR new pimples emerge today!!!!!!!! I have been so diligent since my last screw up.