Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hikarino

Alright to use BP with make-up??

will it be alright to apply concealer and a little powder while on Dan's regimen after the moisturizing step?

Will it interrupt with the BP doing its work?

I have few active acne, but just want to continue using BP to prevent breaking out.

Yes, it is perfectly okay. It's tricky if your face is over dry from the regimen but other than that, it shouldn't make bp any less effective.

I just started the regimen and I'm also concerned about the effect of makeup. I use a lot of the Eucerin alpha hydroxy moisturizer but I wait fifteen minutes after I'm done rubbing in the bp before I put it on. Then I use Neutrogena healthy skin foundation which is oil free and noncomedogenic. You might find that it gets streaky so you will need to use more moisturizer. Then for powder I use Sally Hansen cornsilk powder which hides any streaks and prevents shine. Like I said I just strarted the regimen so I'm not sure if piling all this stuff up on my skin is going to damage it, but my spots are covered pretty well. I will keep you posted. O:)

I just found out a cool feature with my powdered mineral makeup. I read this on their site. For a concealer you can take a bit of your bp cream and mix it with a bit of the meneral makeup powder to cover up spots. This is nice because you get the coverage and the benefit of the bp. I am really happy with mineral makeup and highly recomment it. It works better with dry skin and flaking imo. Anyway good luck smile.gif

hikarino: It should be fine for you to apply concealer and powder after moisturizing. It shouldn't interrupt the BP.... Make sure to use something that isn't likely to break you out.

I used face make-up when I started using BP, and after it cleared up about half of my acne, I stopped using the make-up. That was pretty crazy actually, since I was so accustomed to it, and now i just have some red marks, so I use shine-free powder when I'm going somewhere special and want to look extra-good.

Just ensure it's oil-free and non-comedogenic, and don't over do it! Just use as much as you need too, because the moisturizer combined with concealer might make it look oily. Though, the powder always works great for me.

clean your face....

acne cream (BP or anything you need).....

moisturizer....

sunscreen....

-concealer.....

-foundation.....(if you use powder foundation)

or

-foundation (if you use cream, lotion, foam, or liquid foundation)

-concealer....

then proceed with your regular makeup....

it's that easy

I just started the regimen and I'm also concerned about the effect of makeup.  I use a lot of the Eucerin alpha hydroxy moisturizer but I wait fifteen minutes after I'm done rubbing in the bp before I put it on.  Then I use Neutrogena healthy skin foundation which is oil free and noncomedogenic.  You might find that it gets streaky so you will need to use more moisturizer.  Then for powder I use Sally Hansen cornsilk powder which hides any streaks and prevents shine.  Like I said I just strarted the regimen so I'm not sure if piling all this stuff up on my skin is going to damage it, but my spots are covered pretty well.  I will keep you posted. O:)