Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MattMyster

How can you guys wear bp ALL DAY!?

I used the CSR for about 1-2 months last year before I went on accutane, it was around this time that I was using the Clear skin regimen with Dan's bp.

So I am getting a small reaccurance of acne. Anyway I said I may as well try the CSR again, I have some BP left over from early 2006. So I used that, anyway I just forgot how bad it feels having the BP + moisturizer on your face. I am not allergic to BP and it doesn't really burn at all.

So I'm wondering how can you stand having that stuff on your face ALL day? I mean for guys, it must be a mission. I am 15 and I tried it for the first week last week and although it is good, the smell, the feel of it and that makes me want to just wash it all off immediatly. I wonder if people can even smell the BP, and it feels so weird. I don't remember how I got through the first month before...I had alot of motivation back then I guess.

For the guys who use CSR, how do you handle being out in public and around girls and stuff with this on your face and the way it feels, don't you ever think that others might notice the smell and way it makes your skin look?

Dan's CSR is the best, no doubt there, but I am on a rant and can't figure this out.

1. It doesn't smell.

2. I put a finger length of the BP on each cheek morning and night. It's not noticeable except for very little redness. If it was noticeable i wouldn't do it.

3. Must just be you.

1. It doesn't smell.

2. I put a finger length of the BP on each cheek morning and night. It's not noticeable except for very little redness. If it was noticeable i wouldn't do it.

3. Must just be you.

Once everything has dried COMPLETELY, maybe 20 minutes after I apply moisturizer, it definitely doesn't feel like I have anything on my skin. I notice it when things are still absorbing and when the BP has made my face dry and tight, but when I'm done with it all, I don't feel anything on my skin, I don't smell anything, and I don't see anything, nobody would ever know I had just applied several layers of products. Also, Dan's gel is totally scentless. I think if you are smelling something then you must be using a heavily fragranced wash or moisturizer.

I dont notice it once it dries & I dont smell BP very much at all. I wear makeup though & that is what I feel on my face. Plus my skin is oily & I always feel that too & am just used to it. :shrug:

I don't really notice anything as dramatic as you describe - but my face does always look a little bit different. It's kind of white and pasty where I missed with the moisturizer. And it doesn't feel very good having layers of crap on your face either. I am a little afraid that people can notice. Sorry I don't have any advice except "kind-of-strange-face" is better than "zit-face".

BP bleached my hat!!... and my pillow case.. im a brown guy and i cant have bleachin goin on my brown skin.. so i dont use BP anymore....not tryin to be racist but i think BP works only for white people... didnt work for me.. i guess its cuz im brown....

hey y'all, thanks for replies.

Ok here we go.

I still have BP from early January/February of 2006, it expires this year sometime but it might be that the smell is because its old. I fear trying the new bp though because of the new preservatives I keep hearing about.

I also don't use fragrances washes/cleansers or anything. It is definatly the BP I am smelling. I mean, I don't smell it when its on my forehead obviously, but when I put it around problem area's such as chin/jaw/mouth I can smell it. I don't use scented moisturizer.

NOTE: BP BURNS WHEN YOU GO OUTSIDE WHEN IT HASN"T DRIED WITH MASSIVE WIND CHILL PLUS -10-20 degrees.

Yes, white and pasty. I get that as well...also something which I don't like. BTW That advice is true plagueface.

Hey Helpalife, man sorry to hear that. Yeah BP is a bich, it bleaches every-fricken-thing. I've ruined countless shirts AND jackets because of it. I'm not a biologist or anything, but I'm pretty sure BP won't bleach your skin no matter what color it is. It's just that pale/white look your getting that everyone gets from it. It happens, and it goes away as soon as you wash it off, so that proves it can't be really "bleaching" your skin persay, because bleaching is permanent in like 100% of all cases. I'm guessing it didn't work for you because you didn't follow the regimen correctly or have severe acne.

...I'm fairly sure nothing can "bleach" skin cells, well at least to a noticable extent. I dunno, it's a very debatable topic imo since no one here is a biologist and can thus make correct statements. I really have no idea if it bleaches skin color or not, but in my opinion including my intelligence level, it doesn't.

So yeah, Im going to my derm this week sometime. So I'll see what she gives me or what happens. If she just gives me BP, I'll order some of Dan's BP and stick with the regimen.

Thanks again for replies, appreciate it.

Uhh..well Im a girl and I always am wearing makeup anyway so I guess Im just used to having something on my face.

The BP goes into your skin so its not like something sitting on your face anyways..if I dont wear makeup the lotion looks sorta greasy so I can understand that being annoying, but you can always blot the excess with a tissue.

BP bleached my hat!!... and my pillow case.. im a brown guy and i cant have bleachin goin on my brown skin.. so i dont use BP anymore....not tryin to be racist but i think BP works only for white people... didnt work for me.. i guess its cuz im brown....