Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Valiant

Opinions on face masks?

A friend of mine uses $10 face masks he buys from the drug store. According to him it's great for improving the complexion of his face.

Any thoughts?

Apprantly he uses a Phisoderm brand mask...I was thinking of picking one up.

It contains Sacylic acid though and I am already using 2.5% BP during the night. If I use the mask 2 or 3 times a week will it affect me adversly?

I used a sulphur mask for some time, and it seemed to work great. It faded my red marks a bit and evened out the skin tone quite a bit.

Clay works very well. I use a FUllers Earth clay from mountainroseherbs.com that I like a lot ($4-something/lb plus shipping). I also use Queen Helene mint julep mask. Masks do help a lot with my skin.

gettign somethign to work into my routine is unacceptable lol. if i dont do my stuff in order i get really dry ot way to lotioned lol. i use somewhat of a mask. it stays on though. its helped me a lot. i happen to use a jan marini bioclear mask

Hello, I heard that mask can help on whiteheads.

I am wondering what type of mask would help me reduce those tiny little whiteheads. #-o

And does mask products seperates for male and female? #-o

Out of the broad selection of masks on the market I'd recommend ...Accutane (hhaha joking of course)

OK I used a few times Dead Sea mud masks and green clay masks as well (of some French firm Argilletz or sth like that)

and I must say that they improve skin a little - of course if it can be even better after my wonderful Accutane treatment (I know that u on this regimen forum don't like the taboo word 'Accutane' itself :-))

take care:)

Apprantly he uses a Phisoderm brand mask...I was thinking of picking one up.  

It contains Sacylic acid though and I am already using 2.5% BP during the night.  If I use the mask 2 or 3 times a week will it affect me adversly?

I just tried the aspirin mask today since it seems to be all the rage at makeupalley.com. My face felt super smooth afterwards but I was a little disappointed as the one inflammation I wanted to reduced still looked the same. However over the following hours, it felt less sore and the redness around it is gone. I'm feeling very positive about this one.

What's more, Tescos sells aspirin at 16 for 18p! I haven't tried it yet - I used the Disprin brand first as it doesn't seem to have added ingredients but does it smell very sweet.

I'm also a fan of the aspirin mask -- heard about it on http://www.makeupalley.com as well. It really smooths out your face and exfoliates. And even though aspirin is a derivative of SA, i didn't find it to be as irritating as some SA mask products out there.

Also, the milk of magnesia mask is good for drying up oily skin and clearing out blackheads; it sounds weird, but I find it works as well as a clay mask. It also helps to soothe those inflammed spots. Just use a cotton ball and apply to your skin thickly -- wait 10 minutes and wash off.