Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am absolutely amazed and satisfied.....and trust me..im not a salesman or a guy trying to take your money....a waitress at a restaurant saw my acne one day and gave me a recommendation to eat a lot of Raisins.....i mean a lot of RAISINS......i said to myself...."this lady must be on crack!!!"....well nothing else worked....and i decided to give it a shot....i went to Sams Club and bought 2 huge bags of raisin...and went through 2 bags in one week....after about a month..i noticed amazing results....im clearing up.....when i stopped eating for a week..i started to break out...so i continued to eat raisins!!!...after three months..i am 90 percent clear...and i do get a breakout hear and there....but nothing severe....

I say this again. I am not a salesman and im not trying to sell u anything that does not work!!!....does anyone know why raisins are clearing me up???......

probably all the fiber is cleaning out your poop chute. other than that, i don't see any reason why dried grapes would do anything to your skin. i don't think the two are even related unless your acne is related to poor digestive health..

No, he's just confused. Sorry...I couldn't resist.

Anyway, reading your other posts, it seems you had a hard time finding something that works for so I'm glad you've finally found something that does. smile.gif

maybe it has something to do with antioxidants? this is all speculation at the moment.. i'll do some online research when i have the time.. but here are my two cents

i am not really clear on what they do.. i just know they're good for the body. and i also think they're in raisins? among other foods... hmm not positive i'll have to look up on that

i just thought of it b/c my mom bought a bunch of pomegranates.. so i've been eating a lot int he past few weeks, and i noticed my skin has cleared up a lot. id ont' know if it's because of the new regimen i'm trying... but maybe the strong antioxidants in the pomegranates are helping as well?

so. if it iS the antioxidants in raisins.. an [gas-free] alternative would be pomegranates or pomegranate juice

Guest fatman_uk

NO!

I see right thru your methods, you evil raisin salesman! [-X

-Gaz

some people think im bullshitting..some people find it funny..and some people think im a freaken raisin salesman....well im not!!!!.....i was at a Applebees restaurant and a person at the restaurant saw my acne...she told me about her experience with acne when she was young and she told me that in her country(shes from Pakistan) it is a common treatment for acne...i was skeptical at first and i didnt want to even believe it...but i have tried everything and i gave it a shot. Besides i dont really hate raisins....and ive been eating them when i had time(in front of the t.v., studying, when im bored)...i seemed to be getting getting criticized for trying to help...all im saying is it helped me...and i know it was the raisins..cause after a month i saw major results....

and if i was a raisin salesman from a company..i would force u guys to buy my product...im not even selling a brand...gosh...just trying to help the ones who have had no results like me!!!

No one is criticizing you. They are just amused at another so-called acne "cure". We are also all too familiar with salespeople, which we know you are not. If you want to participate in this forum, you will need to develop thicker skin (no pun intended). Your cure should be easy enough to test. I happen to like raisins, so I will give it a shot. BTW, my skin is 99% clear as it stands, so I might not be the best test subject.

Well, I started eating raisins tonight. No gas yet and the old face is still looking the same. I'll report back later... :roll:

I was just looking around the board... check out the post "ITS WORKING FOR ME...BUT IM HATING IT!!!" about cabbage juice. Both of the posters use caps and elipses (...'s) in their subjects, use lots of elipses and almost no capitalization in their messages, and both have very few (as in 2 and 4) posts total, and both are talking about crazy "cures" for acne. Check it out before you start a raisin diet.

EDIT: Just noticed both of them also use three exclamation points/question marks every time they want to make a point (except for once they used 2 and once they used 4, must have been a typo, lol).

I was just looking around the board... check out the post \"ITS WORKING FOR ME...BUT IM HATING IT!!!\" about cabbage juice. Both of the posters use caps and elipses (...'s) in their subjects, use lots of elipses and almost no capitalization in their messages, and both have very few (as in 2 and 4) posts total, and both are talking about crazy \"cures\" for acne. Check it out before you start a raisin diet.

EDIT: Just noticed both of them also use three exclamation points/question marks every time they want to make a point (except for once they used 2 and once they used 4, must have been a typo, lol).

I was just looking around the board... check out the post \"ITS WORKING FOR ME...BUT IM HATING IT!!!\" about cabbage juice. Both of the posters use caps and elipses (...'s) in their subjects, use lots of elipses and almost no capitalization in their messages, and both have very few (as in 2 and 4) posts total, and both are talking about crazy \"cures\" for acne. Check it out before you start a raisin diet.

fungazi, i wasn't judging him based on his grammer. I'm just wondering why "two" people would post "cures" for acne that both have to do with having a certain food, and both posts are very very similar in fashion. I'm not judging him/them at all. Myabe raisins do work for pakistan people, i have no idea! i'm just saying it seems a little fishy with those two very similar posts.

this is freaken retarded...what are u talking about cabbage juice???...and i do notice i used the same type of grammar but have u looked at the other people that all use (.....) this forum is stupid cause when u try to help people u end up getting criticized..how stupid is this...u know what...i dont care anymore...who gives a shit!!!

dude, chill out! i said it looked kinda strange, but i could be wrong. if you say the cabbage guy wasn't you, then alright i'll believe you. i just wanted to point that out, i didn't know, but don't get all mad and serious... settle down! SIMMA... DOWN... NOW... lol, SNL is awesome. but anyway, yea.

Day 2 of eating a lot of raisins. No change for better or worse. The raisins are starting to affect my internals (if you know what I mean...) I think I might star in the next commercial where they sing, "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now, gotta go, gotta go, gotta go!" I'm really not taking this raisin thing seriously, I'm just curious. There are a lot worse things to snack on than raisins.

confusedboy: 99% of the posts towards you were just people kidding around. i think it was blatantly obvious that mine was joking.

Raisins are LOADED with sugar, and they've always made me break-out. If anything, it's the antioxidant properties of raisins that may be helping. And those can be ingested much easier and better by buying Grapeseed Extract at a health-food store, as far as I know.

Lets give this guys theory some experimentation.. who wants to join a raisin snack diet.. its not hard.. just snack on a few handfulls of raisins each day.. im sure it wont make acne worse.. so lets give it a try shall we? Whos With ME?!?!