Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skeered

Retin-A .1%

I'm about to start using Retin-A, but because of the kind of work I do, I can't avoid being in the sun. Is it really that dangerous to get sun exposure while I'm using it, and if so what problems could occur? Thank you in advance.

I'm about to start using Retin-A, but because of the kind of work I do, I can't avoid being in the sun. Is it really that dangerous to get sun exposure while I'm using it, and if so what problems could occur? Thank you in advance.

The thing is, I already have the .1% and was going to give it a try before I went with a lower dose, but my main concern was that I have a tan and I will continue to be exposed to sun daily, even though I do wear sunscreen. What's the worst that could happen I guess is my question.

The thing is, I already have the .1% and was going to give it a try before I went with a lower dose, but my main concern was that I have a tan and I will continue to be exposed to sun daily, even though I do wear sunscreen. What's the worst that could happen  I guess is my question.

From what I know Retin A comes in 3 strengths: .025, .05, and .1%.

It is usually applied at bedtime and you would apply sunscreen in the mornings and throughtout the day.

Sapphire

When I was using retin a, I started off while my skin was pretty tan. I did not have much luck with how retin a handled my tan skin. I was peeling rapidly in some areas and other areas I was not peeling. It seems where I peeled more rapidly it stripped the tan off as well. My face was really blotchy for a week or two.

skeered,

you should use retin-a at night...

in the morning apply any antioxidant (like one from Paula's Choice: Super Antioxidant Concentrate) then good sunscreen on top...

plus, i advise you to use Astaxanthin (internaly: capsules/softgels), VERY powerful antioxidant, which is proven to protect your skin from sunburn.

Also drink a lot of green tea during the day...

you can wear a hat if your job is ok with it...

smile.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I have a question-

Will this Retina Micro cause any hyperpigmentation on Asian skin? I'd like to experiment with this on some of my scars.

Edit: Damn I just bought the retina micro .1% this thing better work cause it costs me $54!!! ](*,) I bought the hydroquinone before and I was able to use my insurance. Now for some reason they said because 'lots of teenagers used this products, so I had an age restriction therefore I was not covered by the insurance" WT???

Heh..just needed to vent since I'm out fiddy bux! biggrin.gif