Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cmusco618

Anyone been on Accutane and didn't work?

My understanding is that one liver cleanse isn't going to be sufficient on its own - you need to do a series of them. Some people on the diet / holistic forum have done in excess of 10. Anyway, for some suggestions on cleansing protocols - there are many types of cleansing programs, try http://curezone.com/cleanse/, and then follow up with the collective minds in the diet/holistic forum, since I am really no expert on this having not tried this myself. Good luck tho'!

My understanding is that one liver cleanse isn't going to be sufficient on its own - you need to do a series of them. Some people on the diet / holistic forum have done in excess of 10. Anyway, for some suggestions on cleansing protocols - there are many types of cleansing programs, try http://curezone.com/cleanse/, and then follow up with the collective minds in the diet/holistic forum, since I am really no expert on this having not tried this myself. Good luck tho'!

Yea, I've been trying to find time to do another. That would require me to dedicate, pretty much, a weekend to it. It's hard when I'm a full-time student and teach part time. It's been about 3 weeks or so since my first one, so maybe it's time this weekend for another....

ive done one course of accutane- stayed clear for a year and then my skin went nuts. got worse than ever. i still have acne but will never try accutane again- its just a temporary band-aid.

I have tried accutane once-I broke out the whole time and I have scars from it-them my Dr put me on tazorac and I haven't broke out or had a pimple for about 7 months! I wish he would have put me on that firts.

Hey everyone,

I'd like to hear the stories of people who've been on accutane once, twice, or even three times and, in the long run, hasn't worked for them. Also, if there's something you are doing to tame the acne, what are you doing?

I'm asking this because I've been on two courses of accutane. In the short run following both courses, I would remain clear for a few months, then slowly, but surely, slip right back into my breakouts until I'm right back where I was to start with.

I'm currently on an unconventional acne drug (dapsone) and don't feel it's working whatsoever. I was supposed to have a derm appointment tomorrow, but apparently the doc isn't going to be in. Now I have to wait another month before seeing him again. So it'll have been 2 months since the last time I saw him by next month. Ridiculous if you ask me.

I'm desparate and need some advice. My acne has never looked worse. I'm 22 and a long time acne sufferer of 8 years now. I know there has got to be someone out there like me, and I'd really like to know how he/she was able to tame/clear up the acne. Even if I could reduce my current condition by half I would be thrilled.

I'm really trying to do this whole no sugar, no dairy, low carb diet. (Lots of veggies, fruit, nuts, some meat, and water).

Thanks

I've been on accutane twice, didn't work either time. Also tried tazorac, minocin, retin-a, duac gel, and pretty much every prescription med out there. Also tried pretty much every over the counter and home remedy. No luck with any of them. I hate how doctors are always saying accutane is this sure fire cure, because for some people it ISN'T!

What has been working okay for me for the past couple of years has been the BP gel, although I still have some red spots and a few small whiteheads. Right now I have a big cystic breakout on my chin/jaw though, which I haven't gotten in a long time, but I've been pretty stressed out/depressed lately and have been fighting off a nasty cold, so that may be causing it.