Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

What brought you to Acne.org?

Hi Everybody,

When you first came to Acne.org what were you looking for? Info on how acne develops? How to clear acne? Info on your current prescription? A community?

I have this feeling like the homepage might be too filled with information and might be overwhelming to a new visitor. In general, how do you think the homepage could be better organized?

Thanks!

Dan

i heard about accutane from the proactiv face facts book, so i googled accutane and found this site.

I found it on Google when searching for an Acne forum to get some advice.

I think the homepage is fine, I didn't find it too overwhelming when I first looked at it.

I was searching on google for some kind of acne forum coz i was soo depressed and desperate to talk to other people about it!

And i wanted more info about products!

thank god i found the org!

I have been feeling very grotesque and ugly because of my acne so I decided to do something about it. I thought this site would help me as well, both emotionally and physically

Googled "acne" and found this site. I read about the information and decided to give your regimen a try.

I lurked here for about a half year before I registered on the forums. :D

Also, the frontpage looks great to me. I wasn't intimidated by the amount of info, then again, I like to learn as much as I can.

Dan is GOD, by the way. :cool:

A search engine, and the fact that I wanted to learn more about acne and how to resolve the issue.

I like the homepage, but it seems a bit bland. A bit more vibrancy and something to attract visitors would be nice.

I'd just come back from a wedding in Cornwall in tears because my skin had been horrible all weekend, and I came straight onto the internet in sheer desperation, and Googled "acne" to find ANYTHING to help. I guess I was looking for some kind of simple regimen to help clear my acne.

I'd say the only thing hard to find on the homepage is the forum, I didn't notice it for a while, it's quite low down on the page and small to see.

Googled "acne" and found this site. I read about the information and decided to give your regimen a try.

I lurked here for about a half year before I registered on the forums. :D

Also, the frontpage looks great to me. I wasn't intimidated by the amount of info, then again, I like to learn as much as I can.

Dan is GOD, by the way. :cool:

My acne had been getting out of control and to the point where it was really upsetting me. I stopped wanting to go out with my friends, winced every time my mom or sister or one of them mentioned my skin, and had had no luck with other treatments. I remembered a post I had read on another message board (back when I wasn't as bothered by my skin) where someone had asked about treatments that actually worked for acne, and someone else replied talking about how amazing your gel was and how great it worked on their skin. The website was easy to remember so I just went straight to acne.org looking for whatever you had that had worked so great on that other person, which turned out the be the regimen.

I googled "acne" because I was hoping to find something I hadn't tried before to help my skin. I was specifially looking for treatments.

My acne started coming back and it had been about 4 years since I was on Accutane. I was searching to find alternatives to prevent it from getting worse. The homepage has changed a bit since then, but at the time I thought it seemed genuine and real and so different from other commercialized miracle cure type of sites. I liked the personal feel. I felt at home.

Yeah i googled 'acne' aswell, and the first site from the results was Acne.org. As a new member myself I haven't got a bad thing to say about the org. In my opinion its structured well, its very informative and everyones very supportive.

I was googling for cheap acne treatments and lurked for a loooong time before joining the forums. I don't think the homepage is overwhelming, it was nice to find a non-commercialized site that wasn't filled with BUY OUR PRODUCT and false promises.

like just about everyone else - i googled acne.

i was looking for treatment options...

thank god i found accutane.

I wish I could remember that far back, I guess it was the amount of helpful information on how to fight acne, then I saw how organized it was and I was like wow.....

I really haven't found any other place as comprehensive or helpful as this