Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poplolly

Questions about Lactic Acid Peel

I recently purchased the 40% Lactic Acid peel from Puredeming.com. I've used it twice and I haven't seen much change in my redmarks (which I know is to be expected so early on). My problem is that it makes my skin really red and scaley. I've left it on for about 4 minutes each time, then wash and moisturize afterwards. My skin stays red and dry for the next few days. Also, since I've used it, I've gotten a few GIANT zits in places where I normally don't break out.

So, I'm wondering, has anyone else broken out after using a lactic peel? If so, is there any way to prevent this?

And is there anyway to reduce the redness and dry skin after using the peel? If I only left it on for 1 or 2 minutes, would that make any difference in how dry my skin becomes?

Thanks!

the skin tends to break out when it gets very dry, i have noticed this with mine. i think when using an acid peel when you feel it start itching wash it off straight away and moisturize. whats the time scale between each appliance?

the skin tends to break out when it gets very dry, i have noticed this with mine. i think when using an acid peel when you feel it start itching wash it off straight away and moisturize. whats the time scale between each appliance?

The second time I used it was 7 days after the first time. That's what it said to do on the Puredeming website...

Hi, i am also using the 40% lactic acid peel from purdeming. i've completed 4 peels and the results still aren't that noticeable. i too experience redness and dryness after the peel, but that usually goes away after 1 day of moisturizing. i suggest not using any products 1 day before the peel as well as 1 day after the pell (except for moisturizer.)

as for the breakouts, it could be purging although i haven't experienced anything. i suggest to follow with your regimen during the week to control break outs (BP/SA) and do peels on the weekend.

Hi, i am also using the 40% lactic acid peel from purdeming. i've completed 4 peels and the results still aren't that noticeable. i too experience redness and dryness after the peel, but that usually goes away after 1 day of moisturizing. i suggest not using any products 1 day before the peel as well as 1 day after the pell (except for moisturizer.)

as for the breakouts, it could be purging although i haven't experienced anything. i suggest to follow with your regimen during the week to control break outs (BP/SA) and do peels on the weekend.

Thanks!