Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chrono230

permanent tiny bumps?

I have these small bumps on my forhead and one on my cheek that i've had since 2004

I have used BP, SA, exfoliating...none have done anything....what do you think they are, what should i do..

and please dont just say "see a dermatoligist" because i refuse

OMG...i have the same problem!

i have two minor clearish bumps under my nose. if i try to pop them they bleed. maybe this could be milia??? i don't know.

on my cheek, if i put my tongue and wiggle it around, i can feel 3 big, but painless, underground bumps. they feel like they're going to turn to cysts, but I've had them for AGES!

what could this be?

I have these small bumps on my forhead and one on my cheek that i've had since 2004

I have used BP, SA, exfoliating...none have done anything....what do you think they are, what should i do..

These are clogged pores aka closed comedones or whiteheads. The only real way to get rid of them is to use a retinoid of some kind. I would recommend Diacneal by Avene or Green Cream which LionQueen uses and loves. It can take a while (2-12 weeks) but eventually they will disappear. They may however turn into pimples but some may just fall off. With a retinoid the skin will regenerate at a much faster rate, forcing the pore to exfoliate. I had about 20+ just on my chin area and it was disgusting and they were hard to cover with makeup. Suddenly I had to think about the lighting I was in at all times since they were visible especially in natural light. After the initial purge I got the last few extracted by my easthetician and now I have maybe 5 left but using the Diacneal as maintenance has really helped to keep them at bay.

I would also recommend Paula's Choice BHA 2%gel (an exfoliator) to use in conjunction with a retinoid. It really makes your skin glow. Check out Lionqueen's pinned thread on "bumps" for more info.

Good luck!